or Connect

Posts by bettieblue

You are correct, the real reason.....greed. A simple iPhone game, probably costs one tenth of a game like Battlefield 3 that is on consoles and PC's. However with as many iphones/ipads that simple game might just make as much as Battlefield 3 in the end (if its good). The consumer ends up with a bunch nice, simple games but could end up not getting the higher end games in the long run.
Hotmail/Live services (mail being one of them) are probably better than iCloud right now. In 2010 Microsoft completely revamped the service. Just a few things... Unlimited storage for email - for free. First rate spam protection (new in 2010) Webmail that has way more features than iCloud. It looks very much like Web mail in Exchange 2010/Office 365. (icloud looks better though) Skydrive, 25gigs of free space for documents, photos, movies, music etc. This is all HTML 5...
Wow 4 year old article.
Gladly I must correct you. In the summer of 2010 (June I think) hotmail enabled Active Sync. Pre-iOS 5 you chose "Exchange" and for a emal server you had to choose m.hotmailo.com plus your account info. Using the "other" option setup a pop account which is a joke compared to Active Sync.
Yeah because Bill needs that extra money. He is worth something like 55 billion. He, his kids, their kids, the grand kids and a few more generations can pretty much sit around for the next 200 years and do nothing if they want.
Horse shit. The employees where hired to do something, and if they are not in IT their computers, tablets and phones provided by the company are tools to DO WHAT THEY ARE HIRED TO DO. If you work in the purchasing department and you get a Windows PC that runs the 3-5 apps you might need, perfectly well......you really think that as an employee you can bitch about wanting a Mac and they should give it you? What if the software you use for purchasing IS NOT on the Mac? ...
No one works for you. Nobody like that would post here. You simply have no idea what it takes to manage an IT infrastructure. You CANT EVEN buy Apple servers any more. What is Apple running in their data center in NC...HP's with Linux/UNIX on them? It is not Xserves with OS X that is for sure, unless they just stack thousands upon thousands of Mini's on top of each other. Apple does not even have native iSCSI support out of the box. Instead you must rely on 3rd party...
And yet after reading the book you get the feeling he respected very few people if anyone. There have been very successful people in life that did not treat people like garbage. Push them, lead them, inspire them, but you don't have to shit on them....and from what I read on a daily basis.
Do you work in corporate IT? You have no idea what you are talking about. "You're absolutely right. Enterprise IT departments are incredibly conservative with a vested interest in Windows and a fear or loathing of Apple products." It has nothing to do with "loathing" Apple products. I love them, but when you must manage/control hundreds to thousands of computers Apple products just down play well. Go over to Macfixit and just read all of the problems with Mac's, SMB,...
Lol. So if this study or whatever turns out to be true its not suprising. However I have a 2007 Blackbook that is still going strong with Zero concern that it will have problems anytime soon. It has 4gigs of RAM and runs Lion on its dual core CPU. I cant see how/why my iPad won't last any longer or less for that matter. What I think you are seeing is the slow death of text books, not the replacement of computers by iPads. I think consumption and some very light...