or Connect

Posts by Mr. H

Is that post directed at me?Normally I’d delete the post and give you an infraction for making a personal attack but as an interested party that probably wouldn’t be appropriate.Thank you for spelling “you’re” correctly.
No, you’re not the only one. Lots of people got a bee in their bonnet about that one. I did not partake in the thread dedicated to that piece of news as so many people seemed to be (deliberately or not, I’m not sure) misunderstanding what is going on.Those who were upset about the issue were assuming that it meant that Apple hires based on race/religion/orientation etc. etc. in order to meet diversity targets, rather than hiring the best candidate for the job. I do not...
You can already do that. Once you are in the “computers” section on the remote app, there is a search button in the row of icons along the bottom of the screen.Typical AppleTV power usage is between 1 and 2 watts when active.
Exactly. If you recall, when the rMBP was first launched, Apple kept the optical-drive equipped 15” model around, and that was then dropped with the third revision to the rMBP (October 2013). Clearly the sales of the non-retina version of the 15” model had reached that tipping point where Apple felt it was no longer viable. If Apple are keeping the optical drive 13” MBP there’s a reason - enough people are still buying them!
When the Retina MBP was released the exchange rate was £1 = $1.55, now it’s £1 = $1.69, so any change should be in the direction I was hoping for.
No, but it is possible to get a return flight for under $718 which is the saving if bought somewhere in the US without sales tax and by fetching it myself, it is easy to avoid the UK VAT.I would have preferred it if they had kept the RAM at 8 GB and doubled the SSD size. I’m running Mavericks with 4 GB of RAM and have no memory problems.You can’t really avoid the UK VAT that way.
I was hoping that Apple would use the revision to revisit their UK prices, but alas they have not. Apple’s pre-tax price of the entry-level 15” model is equivalent to $2265, and our high sales tax of 20% takes the final price to $2718. Of course Apple can’t do anything about the tax, but a premium of $265 over the US price is not justifiable. I have defended Apple in the past, as it does cost more to do business here and some price premium is to be expected, but this is...
So? She didn't change her number. I don't think it's acceptable that iMessage should irreversibly hijack your mobile number, for a multitude of reasons including that it is anticompetitive. Tell me straight that if Android did something similar you wouldn't be ripping into Google about it.Irrelevant.
Now this is just trolling.Are you reading any of the replies that have been directed at you? Do you acknowledge that turning iMessage off is not always simple, elegant, or even possible without having to contact all of your contacts?It is simply not acceptable that people should need to get their contacts to make changes in order to start receiving SMSs properly.
I'm glad to hear it works for you. However, one of the major issues here is that the simple "turn it off on your device" method, does not always work.