or Connect

Posts by anakin1992

[quote]Originally posted by badtz: ........honestly, i thought the new PM was better in person, but still ugly
it is very elegant design if you could see it and open it and look inside out. dual 1.25 is more noiser that the other two. i have to push hard to close it on my g4 450 enclosure. but on the new power mac, it is just a tiny finger tip push.
[quote]Originally posted by BrDoc: I used several of the new PMs at the apple store yesterday, and they were rather quiet. I put my ear up to the intake holes ( sounds like a car) on the front and it was still quiet. Man did that thing pump out the heat on the back!!!!
there are 4 fans inside of new pm: 2 for power block; one big fan for cpu heatsink cooling; one attached to backplane of mobo. 867 and 1 ghz models are much quiter than...
[quote]Originally posted by Banjo Billy: same....still being reviewed here too...i orderd in the morning of the 13th...i want it now!
some one already got it somehow and here is the initial test on dual 1ghz box with the old dual 1 ghz. http://www.barefeats.com/pmddr.html anyway, i will hold my purse now to see what it will be like.
[quote]Originally posted by RazzFazz: No, because (well, according to Intel's website at least) there simply is no 1.5GHz P3 Xeon. Actually, unless their website is wrong, the P3 Xeon only reached 1GHz, and the fastest P3 core was the server tualatin at 1.4GHz. Everything beyond that clock rate is based on the P4 core. Bye, RazzFazz
i don't know exactly the state of xeon p3. if the top line is 1ghz, then do a comparision between a...
[quote]Originally posted by pi radians: [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing] I was taking your post seriously until I read this. BS You telling me that under equal operating systems your 350 604 chip (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have the best of the best) on a 50MHz bus outperforms a...
[quote]Originally posted by fryke: Ah bah... Stop comparing those prices already. You won't be able to definitely determine whether a Dual 1.25 GHz machine is faster than a P4 2.5 GHz or not, as they are simply faster in different tasks. I like to think of it this way: Apple produces professional UNIX workstations with dual processors for less than 1'700 US dollars, which is great. If you want more, you can _have_ more. Dell (and others) make machines that use...
[quote]Originally posted by Power Apple: Well, I went to dell.com and configured a workstation to mach the new Dual 1 GHz Power Mac: Category Description Product Code SKU Dell Precision™ Workstation 340 Minitower: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor, 2.40GHz, 512K / 533 Front Side Bus 34T24 [220-9508] Memory: 512MB PC800 ECC RDRAM® (2 RIMMS™) 512E42 [311-2402] Keyboard: Enhanced Performance, USB, for Windows® XP (7 Hot Keys) UXP [310-1347] Monitor:...
[quote]Originally posted by ZoSo: iBook or iMac? Diablo II runs good on an iBook?? Yeah, maybe at 640 x 480, thousands of colors, and everything else turned off. I got a damn 666 MHz Ti (the Titanium of the Beast ) with a full GB of Ram--costed around 2500 USD three months ago, and it can't run Diablo II (or any other two-year-old game) with all the bells and whistles on. Period. Don't believe me? Grab one and make some tests. THIS is what pisses me off...
[quote]Originally posted by Agent Cooper: If the Mainboard is the bottleneck, cranking up the CPU won't do anything significant to the real processing power of the unit. The MLB Bus speed is the limiting factor of the current G4s, its worth waiting through a few minor chip updates if they offer significan MLB updates - which I think is what we're looking at in the very near future. and on another subject: If PC users are so happy with their wintel boxes, why...
[quote]Originally posted by Agent Cooper: If the Mainboard is the bottleneck, cranking up the CPU won't do anything significant to the real processing power of the unit. The MLB Bus speed is the limiting factor of the current G4s, its worth waiting through a few minor chip updates if they offer significan MLB updates - which I think is what we're looking at in the very near future. and on another subject: If PC users are so happy with their wintel boxes, why...