or Connect

Posts by anakin1992

[quote]Originally posted by Agent Cooper: All these specs show are the CPU SPEED!!!! For all you know the new PowerMacs could hold a whole crapload of suprises yet to be revealed - faster system bus, faster ram, on chip memory controller... the possibilities are limitless. I think you WANT to be dissapointed, becuase you've jumped on this first rumor that doesn't say what you want to hear and begun to pout... pout away. FACT - My G3 350 is till fast enough...
[quote]Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon: What's a 'clockless' chip, Programmer? I don't think Intel are going to like the sound of that... Lemon Bon Bon
it is normally called 'asynchronous' chip. no master clock synchronization needed on the whole chip. one big advantage of it is less power consumption. it was quite research field in academic. there are couples of startup working on it. if i am correct, IEEE spectrum had an article...
[quote]Originally posted by taboo: Ok, I'll ask again. How difficult would it be to put AltiVec on a DSP or coprocessor? If that's doable, combined with RapidIO or HT, then I would think that it wouldn't matter what brand of CPU was used. I really don't think that Apple would go the x86 route, but this would open possibilities for pretty much anything (as long as it was RIO/HT enabled). For that matter, if we're gonna talk about using POWER*, then why not...
[quote]Originally posted by jante99: One of the remaining areas Apple hasn’t built a digital lifestyles device or software for is home theaters. Currently setting up one is a nightmare with different cords, remotes and configurations. [snipped...] PDF of concept
i hope apple would do what you suggest, not this one:
[quote]Originally posted by Miami Craig: Inventory of the powermacs is low NOW. Ingram has little to no powermacs Now i repeat, the top execs of apple do not suffer from a mental disability, which would be apparent if they held off release of new powermacs for an entire month when theyve already succesfully cleared inventory and the promotion is ending. Those of you thinking apple would for some reason hold off the new powermacs for a later date are wrong and...
[quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg: Why 1 GHz? I think most people would do fine with 500 MHz G4s. I do fine with a 400 Mhz G4. Of course using this reasoning, none of us really need computers at all. Why do we need to do ANYTHING faster? Human society did fine without computers.
think it from economic point of view, the same money, you could get the latest hardware on pc then you are antsy to get the same thing on mac. i...
[quote]Originally posted by BlueJekyll: I don't care about Mhz, or Ghz, what I care about is the MIPS. Millions of Instructions Per Second. That is an actual messure of how much power the processor has, but even that is not accurate to the performance of the computer. Obviously Bus Speed/Bandwidth, Memory Bandwidth and speed, Cache Size and speed, Disk speed, are all as important to the actual power of your machine. Apple claimed that there was a Mhz myth, but...
[quote]Originally posted by Lemmingway: http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07_jul/features/cw_macvspc2.htm Boy now wouldn't that suck if this page was telling truth?? *Gasp* what if it Is true?!???? That would mean...Apple's done it again. underpowered and overpriced. I used to say that Apple was good, that their Power Mac G4s were, in fact, powerful and...
[quote]Originally posted by jeromba: I have no problems with the price of Jaguar and .Mac, but this is for me. I upgraded already the two. BUT when i saw the price of Jaguar Server, I was very angry like everybody is now with Apple. This is Glove ???? I've paid 499$ one year ago for 10.1 Server (10 clients) and now I must to pay the same amount of money for what iI think is an upgrade. Just imagine the people who have bought Xserve Unlimited ! They must pay...
[quote]Originally posted by jeromba: I have no problems with the price of Jaguar and .Mac, but this is for me. I upgraded already the two. BUT when i saw the price of Jaguar Server, I was very angry like everybody is now with Apple. This is Glove ???? I've paid 499$ one year ago for 10.1 Server (10 clients) and now I must to pay the same amount of money for what iI think is an upgrade. Just imagine the people who have bought Xserve Unlimited ! They must pay...