or Connect

Posts by anakin1992

$500m to improve reliability and performance? it would need another $500m to get it really working. so by the time it gets into market, i am not sure it would make any differences.
those enterprise policies are man made, not the physical law. think about it, over the past decade, enterprise has been dominated by MS and its cloned devices. with hardware precision advancing so much, why are ppl moving away from MS platform to apple devices which are not qualified for IT support? i do want to give enterprise IT professionals credits for creating such tightly integrated network/service to their users. but did they notice ppl's exodus to apple products? i...
well, 5-9s really sounds like a myth. i heard ppl talking about it like reciting bible. while while back people worked/lived on connection-oriented network where network has to be up all the time. now in connectionless-oriented network, do we really need 5-9s? a phone operator used to tell me that he can not imagine a million of customers calling in for a broken phone call if his network glitches more than 50ms. in newer generation of network setup, one glitch here might...
it sounds like IBM's watson...
1: if TD-LTE is TDD-LTE, then TD-LTE is one of LTE; another flavor is FDD-LTE. TDD-LTE is not homegrown version by china 2: Qualcomm provides a LTE data modem chipset, MDM9615, which might be able to support: (a) LTE(both FDD and TDD) (b) DC-HSPA+/EV-DO Rev-B/TD-SCDMAhttp://www.qualcomm.com/news/release...le-broadband-0
sorry that my point was not clear.to do TD-SCDMA, there are couple of ways for apple to do:1: do it now with chipset from MARVELL or ZTE. the cost to make it happen is nothing comparing with the time it takes to make it happen. 8-12month is conservative estimate to test and have a field trial and put into mass production. these steps are not tiny and billion dollar can not buy them to a shorter version2: do it on LTE iphone which might have LTE/TD-SCDMA built in already...
it does not make senses to have a separated td-scdma iphone. lte will resolve the issue, so china mobile can just wait. one of the main reasons that there are so many iphones on china mobile's network is that china mobile is the earliest mobile carrier in china and many customers do not want to change their cell phone number. somehow china unicom requires a new number for its iphone purchase. i don't know why they do this way, but if this restriction can be removed,...
thanks for the link, which is quite interesting. one of comments by "ochyming": [ Apple manufactures in China because of Google and Microsoft. Apple competes directly with the cartels that sell Google and Microsoft products. And those cartels make their products mainly in asian countries. funny how people criticizes Apple because of FoxConn without asking WHY Apple is outsourcing. Microsoft and Google biz model kills the innovation urge. How many innovations DELL, Sony, or...
the problem is not that android oems don't make money, but that they are making less money. in old 80s, to be a credible oem clone maker, the barrier is not that low. now everyone can be, thus if given the same pie, so many can jump in to get piece of it.
fair enough, let us say ppl from hong kong/macau/taiwan are 10 times more richer than mainlanders. so let us gave them 10% iphone adoption rate, then it would be 3million. if $1000 is per iphone, it would be 3B. it is a good number though. this will leave mainland number as 10million. i don't have apple official report in hand to show that greater china region includes or does include taiwan. here is a new report on apple fy11 where indicates taiwan is part of...