or Connect

Posts by zanne101

Do we really need something new every 6 mos or a year? What do you want your computer to do for you - make your breakfast, pick up your clothes from the cleaners? Nobody has to read a map anymore, talk in person to someone, call a friend etc. We are all becoming shells due to technology and we keep asking for more. And no, I'm not a luddite, just someone who can actually do things without my computer, phone, tablet and all the other gadgets. And can everyone really...
I've got the older version of iTunes and the music files (I don't have video etc) on my old internal hard drive (which is not what I'm using in the Macbook - I'm using an external, larger drive).  So I should be able to transfer the old iTunes and music from the old drive to the new one?  What is the correct way to do this?  What steps should I be taking to do this. I've been using the new hard drive for a couple of months, so some of my newer music won't be on there...
I updated iTunes in the last couple of days and I absolutely want the previous version back.  How can I do that?  Most of the new bells & whistles don't work correctly - another software screwup like maps? I also ended up with individual songs that I hadn't downloaded at all - what's with that? And I'm not even sure if all my music is still there.   Can anyone tell me how to revert to my previous version.  BTW, I have been working off a new, bigger external hard...
Obviously, never had to go into the Activity Monitor before. Looks OK, nothing going on that shouldn't be. Would these trojans bury themselves in the system with their "real" name like MacProtector? I probably should look up all this stuff in the manual .... Oh wait, there is no manual! :o} Oh, for the good ol' days when literature was provided. Thanks for the info - I think my Mac's OK. Wish these jerks would go back to robbing banks.
I didn't install it, I dumped it from the download folder and then emptied the trash. What are you talking about with "Activity Monitor"? Not aware of this.
Forgot to add: the item was called MacProtector.mpkg
Thanks Rob - I looked at the links above. I have to find out more about this. It looks too easy yet no one is talking about this much. You would think that if you could make free calls without ATT or Verizon, this would be a major upset. Apple hates Google and I thought I read somewhere that they were blocking Google apps. My budget won't allow me to buy an iPod Touch right now - but this is a possible deal maker and could push me over the edge. \ The description for...
I'm going to ask what may be a weird question, so go easy on me. I haven't had an iPod Touch in my hands yet to experiment with, but I'm considering one. If you can get Google email via WiFi on an iPod Touch and Google Voice works through email, will this work on a newest gen. iPod Touch? I know that Skype works so why not GV? Or does Apple have this blocked? If this could work it would be really sweet. Thanks
If you had read my post, you would have seen that I had just received the Mac and was asking a simple question. No need for snide remarks. Thanks, but no thanks. Thank you to the others who gave me information without attitude.
I had already done everything I could under preferences in Mail to try to stop Mail from being the default for mailto links. I have not checked out the mactips link you gave me, I've been on the phone taking care of some rather important things. Mail is annoying to me, but really not that important in the scheme of things But I will concentrate on it later today. I'll let you know what happens. When I use the term "turned off", I mean disabled or not intruding on the...