or Connect

Posts by cjcampbell

If an object will not fall faster on the heavy side, then Apple's shifting weight mechanism wouldn't work, would it? And Spaceship 1 and badminton birdies won't fall nose first. Maybe someone needs to go back to their high school physics book and realize that we don't use iPhones in a vacuum.
Uh, they could achieve the same thing by weighting the side they want it to land on. No motor, no computers, etc. Perhaps next they could try a little parachute that deploys whenever the phone is dropped.I remember this, too.
This is exactly the sort of corporate backbiting that has prevented widespread adoption of electronic payment systems in the past.   Very well. I will never use CurrentC and will try to avoid any other system that tracks my personal information.
Next up: Uri Geller bending iPhones.
Battery life: Too short. Forget about those apps that monitor your sleep quality; your watch will be recharging. Compatibility: Requires an iPhone 5 or 6 to work. Since you have to have an iPhone with you all the time and the only thing additional the watch does is give you a heart rate monitor, then carry the phone and buy a heart rate monitor. The Polar FT80, for example, will run for a year without changing its battery. And it is $30 cheaper. And it works with...
Bose is right, though. Their noise canceling technology is the best in the industry. I first saw it in their aviation headsets many years ago. I ended up choosing Lightspeed, though, for overall sound quality. And, well, Lightspeed was cheaper, primarily because I worked at a place that was a Lightspeed dealer. Sorry, but if Beats is infringing, then Bose should move to protect their patents. Some people here seem to think that patents and copyrights are not worth having...
Does anyone else find it ironic that the state media of a totalitarian country worries about 'privacy?'
Remember when everyone bragged about how small their phone was?
A billion here. A billion there. Pretty soon you're talking about real money.
The USPTO's many failures to do its job are the major reason for the push behind patent reform. But, really -- why did Amazon spend so much time and money patenting a technique that has been in use by so many for so long? The USPTO would not have so many failures if companies like Amazon did not file frivolous patents. One wonders if Amazon web sites like Digital Photography Review will now start sending demand letters to photographers who use white backgrounds. I doubt...