or Connect

Posts by cjcampbell

Bose is right, though. Their noise canceling technology is the best in the industry. I first saw it in their aviation headsets many years ago. I ended up choosing Lightspeed, though, for overall sound quality. And, well, Lightspeed was cheaper, primarily because I worked at a place that was a Lightspeed dealer. Sorry, but if Beats is infringing, then Bose should move to protect their patents. Some people here seem to think that patents and copyrights are not worth having...
Does anyone else find it ironic that the state media of a totalitarian country worries about 'privacy?'
Remember when everyone bragged about how small their phone was?
A billion here. A billion there. Pretty soon you're talking about real money.
The USPTO's many failures to do its job are the major reason for the push behind patent reform. But, really -- why did Amazon spend so much time and money patenting a technique that has been in use by so many for so long? The USPTO would not have so many failures if companies like Amazon did not file frivolous patents. One wonders if Amazon web sites like Digital Photography Review will now start sending demand letters to photographers who use white backgrounds. I doubt...
Meanwhile, bad actors like Amazon continue to patent prior art. Amazon's latest stunt? Patenting photographs of people and objects with a white background. Apparently no one had ever thought of it before. Who knew? :/
Remember when everybody bragged about how small their cell phone was?
 In other words, Jobs said that the price would be about the same as Amazon's. Only frothing-at-the-mouth control freaks would defend the government's use of anti-trust law to protect Amazon's monopoly.
And there you have it. Even complaining about the Department of Justice is now a criminal act.
These toads insist that all this government snooping is critical to the fight against terrorism. Except that they seem to spend more time and resources harassing their political opposition rather than fighting terrorists. Check those phone records to see who is being called by Republican fundraisers? You got it, Boss! Find out who the whistle blowers are? Right away! Check out who is posting anti-tax comments on the Internet? Sic the IRS, INS, FBI, NSA, BATF, and...