or Connect

Posts by cjcampbell

In other words, Jobs said that the price would be about the same as Amazon's. Only frothing-at-the-mouth control freaks would defend the government's use of anti-trust law to protect Amazon's monopoly.
And there you have it. Even complaining about the Department of Justice is now a criminal act.
These toads insist that all this government snooping is critical to the fight against terrorism. Except that they seem to spend more time and resources harassing their political opposition rather than fighting terrorists. Check those phone records to see who is being called by Republican fundraisers? You got it, Boss! Find out who the whistle blowers are? Right away! Check out who is posting anti-tax comments on the Internet? Sic the IRS, INS, FBI, NSA, BATF, and...
Uh, so Apple was called before a Senate subcommittee for obeying the law? A law that was written by these same senators? If the senators don't like it, they can change the law and stop blaming people for hiring good accountants and lawyers. "Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one%u2019s taxes." %u2014 Learned...
Seems it would be easier to install a small Mylar fan folded up inside. The phone senses that it is falling and deploys the fan like a wing, slowing the fall. Or you could just get a case that puts a rubber edge all around the phone. But I don't want a phone that saves itself. I want a phone that saves me! The iPhone Emergency Rocket Pod and Ejection Seat! Press a button and I'm outta there!
What happened to "Do no evil?"
ScotteVest already has this wired, so to speak. They sell vests, jackets, and other clothes with special pockets for iPods, iPhones, and even iPads. The clothing has loops inside it to run your earbuds up through the clothes -- no external wires. The pockets allow access to your iPhone or whatever without pulling it out. Almost invisible. And better than Dick Tracy style watches that cause problems for people with skin allergies.
Now, at least, the thieves who stole your iPhone will be able to catch their train.
Not satisfied with taking away citizens' Second Amendment rights, Bloomberg has gone after the First Amendment's guarantees of freedom of expression. Register your electronic devices. Then monitoring what you do with those devices. Finally, bans and confiscation. Limiting your access to advanced communications will be rationalized by pointing out the vast problems caused by Internet fraud, identity theft, flash mobs, etc. The mainstream media, eager to regain absolute...
  I read Ken Rockwell every day. I don't always agree with him. He also cultivates an aura of being bombastic on his web site -- his way, I suppose, of ridiculing real technical experts for things like "pixel peeping." Nevertheless, his views can be valuable. Ken's real point has always been that it is the artist, not the artist's tools. So he sometimes says things that really are more aimed at getting you to think about why you need a particular camera or piece of...