or Connect

Posts by cjcampbell

Doesn't really matter what they call it. It will have bugs. People will complain. It will have new features that people will love. The fan-boys will go into a rage over any mention of the new release's faults. The Apple haters will announce that this is the death of Apple. Photographers will just continue taking pictures and managing their workflows with Aperture, Lightroom, or whatever else pleases them.   I have never had anyone look at one of my images and say,...
"No known issues," eh? Are we safe to assume that it fixes the wifi connection problem that is currently being experienced by MacBook Pro users? The Discussion forums are full of complaints. It appears that these patches have "no known issues" in the same way that IOS Maps had no known issues. I need a reliable wifi connection. Apple does not have a reliable wifi connection. I am extremely angry and I want either the problem fixed or my money back.
We need to return to the old patent standard that someone must actually create an example of the new product, at least in prototype form. Otherwise you are going get the descendants of Jules Verne or H.G. Wells claiming patent infringement on things like lasers, rockets, and nuclear submarines.
Only for GPS units capable of functioning above 18,000 meters altitude. The limit is 515 meters/second (1001 knots). And those limits apply only to GPS units built for export. Otherwise you need a State Department export license to export the GPS. You can get a permit for darned near anything these days.
    You are right on all counts -- my point was not that it would not work; only that an external antenna would help it. As to why anyone would bother, I have no idea. Well, some. Back in the day there were a few private pilots that got FAA approval to mount portable GPS units on their control yokes. These had external antennae. I have used portable GPS units in the cockpit myself, but these have generally been with a suction cup antenna stuck to the windshield. Even so,...
  The problem is not with the speed of the flight. The iPad's GPS antenna is not sensitive enough to reliably pick up GPS signals in many aircraft. Aircraft are made of metal which interferes with GPS reception. It is possible to mount an antenna on the exterior of the airplane, though, and connect an iPad to that.
The reason you turn off your iPad and iPhone below 10,000 feet has little to do with the possibility of electronic interference with avionics. That is a myth, albeit widely believed even among flight crews. These devices have already met the FAA standard of having been proven to not interfere with aircraft electronics. The reason you turn them off is because of FCC regulations governing cell phones. Moving in a jet, your device rapidly switches from one cell tower to the...
Samsung will copy it and make defective duplicates which their customers will try to return to the Apple Store. Apple will sue for patent infringement and Samsung will claim that they actually invented the process. Samsung and Google will issue press releases saying that not allowing customers to choose between "Apple" and "Fake Apple" limits consumer choice and that not allowing Samsung to copy stuff "stifles innovation." Fan-boys on both sides will riot. Samsung and...
Wayne Goodrich is available?
I can't imagine what the holdup is. The new processors are available. Thunderbolt is well developed. Better graphics cards are available. Everything is there. So release the new Mac Pro already. What, are they waiting for it to grow legs and deliver itself?