or Connect

Posts by smalM

They use a 16x slot but only 8 PCIe lines per card.
X1300Pro in the highest model. X1300 in the others. Both speed crippled. Hey it's Apple we're talking about.
This is an iMac - so what?
No. Dell is expesive in Europe. BTW most people over 40 don't like so high resolutions - 100 dpi is already to much. And so with 40 I bought a 96dpi display - with 44 I bought a 86dpi display Maybe the next needs to be 76dpi
Start a diat, stop smoking, stop drinking, steal money
c't has just published a new version of the iBook Screen Enhancer for Tiger.
I have a DI-624+ running for a year now and absolutely no problems. I use it for both my Mac and my IBM T40 notebook (WIN2K) with WLAN only.
Originally posted by MacRonin Expensive, yes... Yeah, I know at least 9320 reasons not to buy such a machine. Let's say 2GHz speeds for the cores And now already 12112
From IDF: In his key note Pat Gelsinger showed the absolute performance of Dempsey and Woodcrest in a chart, but only relative to a current dual Xeon (Irwindale, 3.6 GHz, 2 chips, 2 cores). Dempsey (2 chips, 4 cores) was said to speed up the SPECint_rate_base2000 around 88% (that would be from 38 to 71). Woodcrest (2 chips, 4 cores) added then another 52% (to 108 ). A HP ProLiant DL385 with 2.2GHz Opterons (2 chips, 4 cores) reached 65, a IBM eServer P5 570 (2...
Paxville is Pentium IV based. It's unlikely Apple will use them at all. Woodcrest is the name of the game