or Connect

Posts by smalM

Could you explain that "each directions' traffic is 1/4 speed"?
Yes I know the difference between data rate and bus clock. "bi-directional bus"? The bus is dual unidirectional! One way is 1/4 CPU (=clock of the memory controller) *2 (double pumped bus) *4 (32bit width bus) *8/9 (packeging overhead) = 4.4 GB/s bandwidth in each direction for the 2.5GHz PM. Hope that makes it clear for you what I mean. Sorry, english was only my third foreign language in school....
No! The ratio CPU to memory controller is 4:1. What you mean is the ratio CPU to bus data rate which is 1:2 as the bus is DDR. And bandwidth on the bus is raw transfer rate minus overhead for the packeges. IBM claimed 8:9 for throughput:raw transfer rate.
The ratio CPU/Memory-Controller Apple uses is 4 for the PM and 6 for the iMac. We don't know the ratios the 970MP can use but the 970FX can use 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6. A ratio of 3 already means a memory controller running at 833 MHz, ca. 5900 MB/s bandwidth in each direction and perhaps the need of watercooling for the controller
Just the same level as your rant
It would be a PAL or SECAM tuner for Europe
My Pioneer A09XL (FW 1.58 ) is now delivered/supported by Apple. 109 MB combo
Mac Shuffle
I think that came from the editor Anton Shilov not from Pat Gelsinger. Did anybody read the article on DigiTimes (membership needed)?Confirmed! PowerBooks will use Yonah first and then switch to Merom
The FX5200 is an AGP-Pro card and doesn't fit in non G5 macs (unless you are willing to use a Dremel )