or Connect

Posts by smalM

Not everyone buys a new PM every year. So the question is what will be the difference in a year or two. I got a fw800 device 1&1/2 years after I bought a fw800 mac. We had the very same discussion when AGP came out. Ask those with a PCI mobo how happy they were to buy a Radeon 7000 PCI at the price of a Radeon 8500 AGP. I wasn't And you don't think the same will happen with AGP/PCI-E?
Originally posted by wizard69 Right now the PowerMac is a dead end! A lot of people don't want to buy a PM because they are waiting for PCI-E replacing AGP. 3GHz is just a nice-to-have. PCI-E is a must-have! Well Apple can't wait a year for dual core technology, by that time AMD will be shipping mother boards supporting 8 cores and 4 cores cheap.! Cheap as Apple defines cheap or cheap as the PC market defines cheap? I think my cheap is not your cheap
Testing every card at a different resolution/adjustment doesn't make their comparison very reliable. And btw SLI = PCI-E 8x for each card.
I have one HD with 10.3.3 installed, updated step by step to 3.8 and second HD with 10.3.3 installed, updated to 3.7 (combo) and now to 3.8. Now for the second installation Software Update offers me security update 2004-09-16 which was for 10.3.4!
The editor must have been excited about the 4 GHz too. So he forgot to mention the speed of the POWER core - 1 GHz. 4 GHz is for the APUs only. I would prefere a 970MP @ 3 GHz
What are you talking about? The common home user doesn't buy a 10.000 RPM drive! He buys a 160 - 250 GB 7200 RPM drive. Or deletes files he hasn't looked at for 2 years
I'm impressed! There are still believers out there
One Xserve + two Cluster Nodes?
Hey, that's Wizard69s part
I'd say it's a waste of money to drive such a LCD through the analog port!