or Connect

Posts by smalM

They did that once and they were way off. After that they have never again shown their own estimates but used Apple's numbers instead.   From that single point of data my estimate is the error band for IDC's numbers is at least 20% (and my own error band is 100%  ).
"The site for the new store used to be a movie theater" I remember when Star Wars was re-released theatrically in 1997 in Germany as Episode IV I was in Berlin a few days and I saw the film in that cinema.   "The new store will be located across from the Hard Rock Cafe" So american. You should also mention Starbucks and McDonalds...   "Well they had to get a glass cube in there somehow." The glass cubes have been part of the Kurfürstendamm for decades and...
There is no money in Berlin.
You mean AAPL could have a P/E of 15.77 like MSFT? I take that risk!
"White believes Apple should leverage its $137.1 billion cash balance to attract investors and built a "safety net" around the stock."   This is exactly what Apple should NOT do! Investors not being attracted by APPL is their own problem not Apple's...
I did look at Samsung's financials and neither did they outgrow Apple on revenues nor on profits. What happened last year is Samsung grew as fast as Apple for the first time in several years.
Translating % market share into number of users (in Millions):   total users:  from 123.8 to 133.7 (+8%) Android:  from 66.5 to 69.1 (+4%) Apple:  from 43.3  to 52.0 (+20%) Samsung:  from 25.1 to 28.5 (+13%) HTC:  from 13.6 to 12.4 (-9%) Motorola:  from 11.8 to 11.2 (-4%) LG:  from 8.7 to 9.1 (+5%) Blackberry:  from 9.0 to 7.2 (-20%) Windows : from 3.7 to 4.3 (+15%)   In case someone didn't notice: I love stories about market share 
Doesn't Apple have enough money to hire some more good engineers?
nexus - it's an u declination
1.5M tablets isn't much but it is $1B revenue for MS where before it was zero. And while I think Win8 is stupid I have to admit that MS didn't come up just with another iOS copy!