or Connect

Posts by smalM

Woz was busy at the time developing other things for Apple. He simply hadn't the time doing it himself.   And damn! yes he was really brilliant - as an electronic engineer and as a programmer!
  Obviously you never heard about "Double Irish with a Dutch Sandwich". If you don't have a clue stop making dumb statements yourself.
They didn't pay taxes offshore in the first place. Was that fair?   Why do people think Apple is sitting on a mountain of money like Scrooge McDuck?     15.147  U.S. Treasury securities 15.630  U.S. agency securities   4.063  Non-U.S. government securities   0.763  Certificates of deposit and time deposits   0.144  Commercial paper 42.405  Corporate securities   5.398  Municipal securities 13.742  Mortgage- and asset-backed securities   These...
Woz is a nerd (have you ever seen a picture of his work bench?). He wants always the newest features in his toys. All of them at once. I want that too. But I'm not responsible for the operations of a 165 billion $ company. Neither is Woz.
Yeah, Apple should drop the opportunity to win the complete youth of an emerging country of 75 million people to save some percent margin!  
And this time Samsung really sold all those shipped tablets? Lies, damn lies, Samsung shipment numbers...
I hope the 'A5X' is a 28nm part from TSMC and this time both Cortex-A9 cores are active.   AnandTech found a S5L8947 mentioned which is most likely a die shrunk 32nm "A5XR2" made by Samsung.
Number of shares was already up to round about 941 Mio. - is now down to 939 Mio.
Exxon Mobile revenues for Q4 2012 should be round about 125 bn $. Revenues for 2012 may reach 480 bn $ and earnings may reach 36 bn $.   Apple's pro forma 2012: 164,6 bn $ revenues and 41,7 bn $ earnings.   Samsung Electronics' numbers: some 188 bn $ revenues and 23,5 bn $ earnings.
  Considering Q4 2012 was one week shorter than Q4 2011 this is good result