or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

While you are right about the estimates, once Apple publishes actual numbers that shows how wrong the estimates are, the analysts continue to use the wrong estimates in their next set of numbers. There's no reason for that, except to skew the numbers.
Your confusion is understandable. I suspect that Intel is very afraid that one of the heavy hitters in the computer business is selling tens of millions of iPad computers each year, that is also being embraced by enterprise, and doesn't have a single Intel chip inside. Sure, Intel could make those ARM chips for Apple, and Apple did try to get them to do so, but then Intel couldn't charge the same fat margins they get on the x86 chips they put into PCs. Additionally, there...
True, but Cook did say that Apple's Mac numbers for the U.S. were increased by "double digit." So, unless the analysts numbers showed a double digit positive change they are horribly wrong. So, while Apple did not disclose the actual number of U.S. Mac sales, the lines on each chart ought to slant the same amount and in the same direction.I did notice that the first phony list of numbers was marked as "preliminary" which means while the final numbers sold privately to...
Money can't buy happiness. I have $50MM and I'm no more happy than when I only had $48MM.On a different note. How is it that Amazon dares to not raise prices? Apple sells for the same price or higher than Amazon and is making money hand over fist...?
I can see it now. Only two years hence as the human race reckons the illusion of time.I gesture to my iDevice which summons a hologram of Siri from her virtual bath. (that girl spends most of her time in soapy water)."Siri," I say, "Let Watson know I need an app written. There are three specifications. First, Watson needs to search his Big Data and find a human need that has not been realized yet and write an app to fulfill that need. Second: It must be a need strong...
Relic raised some good issues. First, cross platform compatibility. Apple hasn't said anything about opening Swift up to other platforms, and it may not happen soon, if at all. Swift is still beta and Apple has warned that Swift will undergo a lot of changes over the next two years. I'm even wondering if it will remain beta during that whole time span. If so, it wouldn't surprise me if Apple doesn't open it up to other platforms until that phase is complete. Secondly, I...
But, but, but, is Safari as fast as before...?
If Amazon had been paying this company to sort books for them, then that explains why Amazon sends me email that targets my reading preferences better then Barnes and Noble or Apple. B & N sends me the best looking email and I'd be moved by their presentation except it's just not what I read. Apple's email is not targeted to me based on my habits. I get a weekly email no different then the other zillions of Apple's customers.
Totally missing from the article is any mention of the RDF, otherwise known as the Jobsian field) chip.
If Amazon doesn't make profits and declares big loses, the FTC might get all over them for predatory pricing... which in some cases is true. I wonder at times if Barnes and Noble still being in business might be what keeps the watchdogs off of Amazon. The final insult is that like spas that sell "memberships" to cash flow themselves, Amazon sells "Prime memberships" to their biggest suckers spenders, and according to this report has burned through all that money too......