or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

I've always been astonished by the low quality of graphics in Apple's patent applications. Here's how they were doing it in the late 1800s.
She's so shy, that's not even her head you see....
I would add that there hasn't been a successful non-Wintel computer in 20 years. Apple Mac OS nearly joined the dust heap until Jobs turned the company around when he returned. It's refreshing to me, actually, to see a whole different OS (iOS8) gaining traction that may even have a larger installed base then Windows in only a few more years. While iOS is wedded to an ARM chip at present, it's not just an ARM computer, but a Apple-tweaked ARM CPU that will take years of...
eBay is one of the early adopters of the internet for business that has survived to today. A highly ethical company too. I wish her well at eBay.
The K1 is a powerful chip, and it will sell well, I'm sure. However, being powerful while being a low power drain is also necessary for the mobile market. Apple could get more power out of their processors, but at the cost of zipping through a battery faster, so, in mobile, it's a balance of factors that wins the day.To balance those factors a designer needs total control over the chip design and the software design. I think Apple has that covered probably better then any...
If Apple wants to own the high end of their markets then the Mac Pro is part of that strategy. Remember, Apple is not focused on "market share", they want to control the narrative.It's been a number of years since I owned Apple's top-of-the-line computers, but it was always amazing to experience just what the rarified air of computing looked and smelt like. Today's introductory iMacs put to shame what the Mac IIx could do, and we expect it to do so. On one hand it's nice...
Don't worry, a shot of Fabreeze will make it go away...It stunk up my computer too.
Unlike Google Glass, I could hardy tell the HoloLense wearer was wearing a thing... I mean, this thing is practically invisible! I'm also very impressed with how Microsoft must have spent some serious money to come up with a name that doesn't invite ridicule. For example, with Google Glass, it's natural to call their users "Glassholes," what do you have to work with "Holo...?" /s
MS tried the mindshare and market share with the Zune... eventually they saw that throwing money and marketing wasn't gonna make any difference.Then we don't even need to mention KIN or Surface RT. The innate confidence that Microsoft once was given by the faithful is largely gone. First they disappeared from the phone and tablet market for a number of years (enough years millions of kids entered and graduated from college without Microsoft having a phone or tablet to...
MS had problems getting developers to support their phones when they were BRIBING them to write software... Too little AND too late AND too lame...