or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

I suppose it depends on a person's definition of "dominate." But in the U.S. even the 5c outsold the competition. Not sure how it did internationally. Apple owned the top 3 spots domestically. Being over 70 myself, I do look to the iPhone 6 and 6+ sizes for easier reading and most other applications, but I don't care for the larger dimensions for pocketing and holding up to the side of my head.With the general population Baby Booming older, I can see how the iPhone 6 and...
In truth Apple does not need an outside competitor to spur innovation. Apple's real competition, who they need to beat is Apple's own products in their customer's hands. In the case if iPhones - the newer versions of the iPhones need to be so feature-rich over the older Apple products to compel the buyer to trade in/abandon/sell the old product and upgrade to the latest version of hardware. In the case of the iPhone that re-purchase rate is at two years. The iPad rate is...
Greece has also suspended all flow of money out of the country, so iTunes sales and rentals are also shut down for now. This is more of an issue to Greek customers instead of Apple which doesn't look to iTunes sales or rental of media to be a profit center.
Aren't those numbers "sold to channels" not what ends up in user's hands?Since many sales contracts/invoices include excess inventory buy-back clauses, the sale is a conditional sale, or just a "shipped" number.Apple's sales declarations are the numbers that end up in user's hands. I think because of Apple's connection with the end user makes their reporting of Sales more accurate of actual product movement than some of the products you listed above.For example Mr Coffee...
I watched the disassembly of the AppleWatch... I swear to go Apple has no tolerance...
Just the front will be thicker... /s
I have on good authority that most analysts use chicken entrails to devine their numbers... it's a magical process that only someone with a low IQ can perform.
You overlooked the issue behind Samsung's price increase of the S6 phones... Samsung thought they could raise their phone prices to the same as Apple's iPhones thereby hoping to be perceived as a quality phone deserving of its high-end pricing (like the iPhone)."Not so fast", said the buyers, "We don't see it that way, You can't put a hood ornament on a Hundia and call it a Jaguar."So Samsung can't win by trying to undercut Apple's price, and they can't win by trying to...
I think, right there, within those words, are expressed how Apple out-performs its rivals. And I would modify the word, "planning", to be "long-term planning." When Apple set out create Watch, it wasn't a project for a "calendar year," or a "fiscal year" - few Board of Directors have the foresight or patients to allow a project to span multiple years in development. In addition (and in special contrast to Google) Apple has the discipline to not telegraph it's future plans...
Apple changed the base storage of the iPhone AFTER the App Store became part of the ecosystem.If Apple is going to a 12Mb camera, then the base storage may go up again - then again, it may not. Apple's got this covered, and is using a lot more data to decide then you and I have.