or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

People think it don't be like it is, but it do.
That would be AltaVista.
Samsung's dishonesty starts from the very top. Their president is a multiple felon within his own country.
Because Apple is making a statement by suing Samsung that says they are serious about protecting their IP. By doing so they can keep their products from becoming commodities and can retain their prestige product status. Samsung is shameless about knocking off competitor's products in any market well beyond communication devices. Samsung has been able to do this because they are huge and have deep pockets. Apple is the first company to defend themselves from such behavior...
Apple's profits come from a lot of directions, but just because they pay far less for their superior components, doesn't mean they HAVE TO pass those savings on to the customer in the form of lower hardware costs. Yes they have to be competitive on pricing, but they also use some of those profits to offer Apple customers the number one customer service - after the sale service. Every touching point between Apple and their customer is better then any other manufacturer,...
In addition the SDK for producing iOS apps is superior to what is available for the Android platform. I can produce an iOS app in a fraction of the time it takes to do the same thing for an Android device. Furthermore the iOS app looks better on all the iOS devices AND I can write for the latest version of iOS. Something I can't do for Android as the latest version is running on a single digit percentage of Android devices. Finally, it costs me far less to support the iOS...
The cell phone division is making money, as you say, but as recent as December 2013 they were barely making money. It seems the 13 Billion dollar advertising budget wiped out a lot of what should have been profits. Samsung's stock holders are not at all happy with the performance of the cell phone division and that was BEFORE the fabrication of numbers came out during this trial.Samsung as a company is doing good... but the phone group is just getting by on paper...let's...
Samsung ships a lot of low-end shit phones. If those are rolled in with their smart phones, then that an be an impressive number. Also, note that many of the analysts are shilling for Saqmsung, so any numbers being reported are suspect at best. Finally, even Samsung was over-stating their shipped numbers - even going so far as to lie to their shareholders.Going back to what I wrote above. Samsung's actual numbers have been purposefully overstated due to several factors....
Apple detractors will be copy/pasting your post into their blog comments as you've practically hit all the points they will use once Apple's product hits the ground running. Of course they could just go back and copy/paste their old bla bla bla when the iPhone and iPad came out, it really doesn't matter to someone with no vision...
The moral is: Smart people make smart choices. Losers can't stop losing... when the low life hits bottom and takes his Dell to the pawn shop, he finds it's worthless... no hope for a dope.