or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

I totally agree. Why waste time and effort trying to break into iOS when Android is wide open for an easy exploit. After several decades on the market MS WIndows is still easier to break into then OSX, I expect Android to continue to be much the same 20 years from now (if they are even still around).One time a reporter asked a major criminal why he keeps breaking into banks. He answered, "Because that's where the money is." Yet there's more money in Fort Knox and no one...
So, Samsung uses the "weak seasonality" excuse to explain why the next quarter will suck like the one just reported... What will they blame it on when Apple has another banner quarter in three months from now?? Apple's counting on the Chinese New Year for another big bump, while Samsung is looking to middling middle tier phones to keep the next quarter from being a total zero. It looks to me like they have just conceded the top tier to Apple.
Poor old dead tricky dick... never got a break.
You write as if they are not one and the same people..?
The graph doesn't represent the number of sales of Watches, but the profits of each product group. So the 2014 profits relating to the Watch was how much money Apple made by NOT selling the Watch until the next year. Yes, I know that seems impossible, but with Apple the normal laws of profitability go out the window... It's estimated Apple made $581 for each Watch they didn't sell in 2014.2015 will be a banner year for the Watch because Apple will be making money on...
The iPad may have a different adoption rate than initially expected, and it may have a different adoption rate then the products it replaces. Speaking for myself, I use my iPad as a radio. I enjoy listening to NPR while I use my ancient MBP. I use my iPad as a cassette player in that I use it to listen to audio books, and I use it as an eReader to read any number of documents or eBooks I have on my device. My iPad is used as a sales tool, a photo album, and a messaging...
I've always been astonished by the low quality of graphics in Apple's patent applications. Here's how they were doing it in the late 1800s.
She's so shy, that's not even her head you see....
I would add that there hasn't been a successful non-Wintel computer in 20 years. Apple Mac OS nearly joined the dust heap until Jobs turned the company around when he returned. It's refreshing to me, actually, to see a whole different OS (iOS8) gaining traction that may even have a larger installed base then Windows in only a few more years. While iOS is wedded to an ARM chip at present, it's not just an ARM computer, but a Apple-tweaked ARM CPU that will take years of...
eBay is one of the early adopters of the internet for business that has survived to today. A highly ethical company too. I wish her well at eBay.