or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Before Apple we enjoyed the invention of the typewriter keyboard, 1860s and the rotary dial phone, 1904 (in it's most recent incarnation). That leaves another approx 40 year gap for the teletype in the 1940s before another 40 year leap to the mouse. Apple sure has sped things up a bit!
 Even God dropped the ball on an "easy user interface" when he created Man 2.0, known as Eve. He's had a problem with every even-numbered release since then too.
Yeah, and that's the font that wouldn't be moved. The only thing the city fathers of San Francisco has agreed on since mid-last-century.
 iTunes needs a new name. Music is now only a tiny part of what you can get there. I'd like them to rename it "An app where you can buy anything worth owning." Subtitled: "iShit" ... Arlo Guthrie's song playing in the background... yeah, you know the one!
Sometimes a company finds a limit where one strong central leader is holding it back. If that was the case with Jobs, Apple grew a whole lot more than ever seen in history before Jobs started to top out. Meanwhile, with Steve Ballmer, he started holding MS back the day he took over. Uncle Fester could dance, but then was only able to handle one word over and over.
While I agree with you, I also remember back when memory was very dear to buy, more then one short word was stored in a word. While I have no reason to believe Apple is doing this now, they did in fact double the number of transistors in their RAM while not also doubling the addressable (RAM) memory. Doing so, did increase their production costs, power drain, and die landscape. People who would castigate Apple for being the cheap bastards they are, seem to give Apple no...
 Here's a thought I haven't heard bantered about. With the iPhone 5s, Apple moved from 1 Gb of 32-bit RAM to 1 Gb of 64-bit RAM. While THIS alone doubled the number of transistors to make up 1 Gb of memory. Perhaps Apple is doing some tricks to use both word sizes within RAM? Many things the GPU does won't require 64-bit addressing any way one looks at it. Furthermore, as more apps require 64-bit memory addressing, the ratio of shorter words in memory will lessen. By then...
I read the above and thought to myself, "Besides the 'any POS devices' there will be the fantastical iDevices too!True, however I would want every terminal to have the following printed where every customer would read it: "The following advances in privacy and security is brought to you by the Apple Company. Eat shit and die all you haters!"
The world was full of great fun extensions and ints back then. I remember the fun of slyly moving one of those off of a floppy you got onto a victim's Mac so that it would do something or make a sound after a computer was shut down and then restarted later...
Ah yes! But WHICH reality does it have nothing to do with!!??