or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Good example. First off, since I'm unfamiliar with the nature of the patent, let's assume it is not an essential patent and subject to FRAND. So, Apple is doing something that VirnetX says they have covered with a patent. We don't know that what VirnetX alleges is true or not, and Apple may or may not agree that VirnetX's patent is being infringed on. VirnetX may ask for an injunction and at that hearing Apple may testify that injunction relief is premature as it has not...
Your example fails. Every car and TV have details or style elements that set them apart. If they all look the same to you it is because you have no taste and can not discern quality or details. What does make SOME TVs look the same is that SOME brands have a few other companies manufacture products for them and do not specify unique details for their brands. So, TVs, refrigerators and washers and dryers roll out the back door of Samsung in boxes marked with different...
Your last sentence is true EXCEPT for patents that are necessary to patent to participate in a market. For example, any patent that must be used to make a functional cell phone operational on a public system. These patents must be licensed and fall under that rules of FRAND. However, Apple patent that makes a list "bounce" when it scrolls to the end is part of trade dress and not required to scroll a list, therefore is not required to scroll a list, and Apple can refuse to...
Push more often to the iCloud... I have 16GB iPhone 5 and I've found the iCloud is an easy place to store some of my music and much of my photos. Apple has made the camera better but unlike Samsung didn't do it by making the the pixel count ridiculously high. Thank God!
I agree with you except for parts of your last paragraph reproduced above. When Apple rewrote iWorks to be 64 bit native they removed a bunch of features before addind some back in. I suspect this was to make the basic iWork programs a best fit to touch UI on a small screen. The original iWork, like MS Office, was written to work best in the BSBK environment, as you called it. Any programs that are designed with the small touch screen in mind have the best chance of...
Microsoft's motto: "We make no products until well after its time."
If it weren't for the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo no one would be watching TV any more. /s
The above photo demonstrates why the full Office application is not suitable for a touch device. Office, as we know it, was designed to be a mouse-based product that let you deal with a lot of drop-down menus and tons of multi-level-deep menus and buttons. The Office programs are highly complicated because they could be, and because the programs are embellished and loaded down with bells and whistles some people need, but most people never use.I have a version of Word1.0...
Oh, I don't know... Easter egg colors just in time for Easter... followed by graduation gifts. Whether Apple makes something like the 5c again, these will be pushed down to free on the next cycle. I really don't consider the 5c to be so bad electronically. After all, it has the same innards as my iPhone 5, which I love! But, I'm in line for the iPhone 6 on my next buy. And no matter, I don't have a horse in the 5s and 5c race...
I buy a ton of stuff through the Amazon site, but not so much from Amazon themselves. It's a good portal, but I can't see paying a company to do business with them, or even buying a tablet that's really a device that does one thing well; sucking money out of my pocket.