or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Apple will retain the mag-safe connector as long as the MacBook is sucking significant power. The only MacBook to lose the mag-safe is able to operate for a day without charging. If a MacBook is likely to remain connected to a power source while in use, then it's likely to have a mag-safe connector.A lot of people have a difficulty imagining using a laptop without it sucking power from the wall... the new MacBook is free of that constraint but people haven't quite got to...
Read the frickin' story and educate yourself before looking the fool.
 Yeah, and several of them are of the highly personal kind...
RE: the NYT part of the story. This is great news, I love this paper's news. I hope this includes their opinion page as well.
What impresses me the most about Apple is its willingness to move technology from laboratory (not necessarily Apple's laboratory) to commercial product inclusion. For decades, in the past, leading edge design was used by military products for a number of years before it became feasible in commercial products. I feel Apple has shortened that process by years and the costs by several orders of magnitude, while not relying on new technology to work its way through the...
I always think of the breathtaking Swiss army knives....
If the Smart Watch is a gadget then what about the Cuckoo Clock? There's a gadget with a long history... I see the watch as filling a need far outside of being a time piece... more of a personal computer always at arm's length.
Actually the "blue boxes" Steve and Woz made in Steve's dad's garage were the real transitional products...
He needs a sammich...somebody give him a sammich.
One hole in your argument is that you see Android as a single OS, while it is a group of different OSes which vary by version number/date and by CPU/GPU capabilities. Android is a rat's nest of specs and screen geonomics. You can lump them together to make some assertations, but not when it comes to describing Android as a single programming platform.The theory of large numbers still holds and it favors Apple.