or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

I'm not sure if you upgraded to the latest version of OSX, but you will see where you are encouraged to use "Spotlight" in Safari which can return a lot of search queries without using Google... No longer do the Google advertisers fill the top spots on your results. Google's about to learn what John Wayne meant when he said it's harder when you're stupid. Meanwhile the clock is ticking out the last of Google's search patent's life.
 I agree that the iPhone was successful beyond Steve's expectations. But don't you think it was because he also expected MS, Palm, Nokia, and RIMM to see what the iPhone was going to do; that it represented serious competition? They all laughed at the iPhone, and in their various ways didn't react as seriously and aggressively as they should have. I don't think anyone outside of Apple knew what a house-of-cards the original iPhone was, but Apple was able to identify...
 Well, if the citizens of Detroit expect those things, they shouldn't be so amazed when it accidently happens...
 Wait! Wait! Don't you guys read Dick Tracy? There's intelligent life up there and they don't really care for our ilk...!!
 Perhaps, and perhaps not. Depending on how the Irish government changes things, there may not be a more viable country to declare as a residence. In addition, it depends on whether some other country decides to do what Ireland did to attract businesses. Over time all tax laws change; some quickly and some slowly, but they are in constant change. I really can't imagine what a tangled mess it is for the CFO of Apple to keep it all straight... you don't suppose they use an...
 When corporation are elevated to voting citizens by the governments, and voting citizens are relegated to being "consumers"...
 If the people of the middle class don't do something now to change their future, they will end up like Nokia and really have no one to blame except their own inaction. All around the world there are people snug in their middle class life watching TV and burning through the opportunity to do what they need to do while there is time to do it. The future owes nothing to the past, but will be beholding to those who act in the present.
He loves his iPad because it automatically syncs his schedule and contact data with his iPhone...
...and kippered herring... don't forget the kippered herring!
 No, I think it's true that the paper industry is tanking...but the reason is that newspapers and magazine sales are tanking... everyone is rapidly getting their news and entertainment on-line. iPads and Amazon readers are the go-to devices for a lot of people, but it's just not those devices, but laptops and desk computers too. It's a wired, wired,wired world! As for Nokia, They shot themselves in the foot ... just like Microsoft, Palm, Blackberry/RIMM, et al. Everyone...