or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Well it's my own damn fault. WHen I bought my "dinko old" (and first) iPad almost a year ago I wondered if 16GB was gonna be enough, but I just had a hard time measuring how fast I might fill up that much space. It turns out I managed to fill it much faster then I expected and am planning on buying the 64GB size. Interestingly enough, my 2 year old iPhone 5 didn't fill up nearly as fast as the iPad and I installed nearly the same group of software and files. I have a hunch...
I have updated my iPhone iOS to 8.1, but I've been using my iPad so much I haven't had a chance to dump a shit ton of software and books so I have enough room to update... ...my thinking is that is the prime reason many users haven't updated yet; the 8.1 is just to fat a hog to easily install.
THAT would be soooo sweet!!! Now, if only I owned some shares....
Microsoft truly believes the name attracts people... They traumatized a generation of computer users with cryptic error codes and bad UI and think no one remembers...Then they smear their name all over their phone as if people will be proud to show it off... such egotists are the Redmondites...
Whether the products are "genuinely good" is debatable, it's the UI by Fisher-Price that does in the tasteless stodgy old has-beens at Microsloth...
you are basically correct, but still I didn't say that PC are being necessarily replaced with iDevices, I said mobile computers. Even in the stunning growth of Macs in this last quarter, it was the laptops that ate the biggest slice of that pie. Apple has the most desirable laptops and that has HP, Dell and the Chinese brands confounded. In addition the iDevices are trumping everyone else in all but the consumer market, and doing quite well there as well.In all enterprise...
I agree, in addition the method at checkout with MCX system is slow, clunky and not as safe. Too futzy! One might as well write a check if you're gonna stand their that long.The train is already leaving the station and MCX is still deciding what to pack...
LAUSD wants to go exclusively with Apple products, but they stumbled badly with phase one and now need to pretend to consider alternatives. When the smoke clears, they will move to an Apple exclusive classroom like the rest of the country. All the big "wins" have gone to Apple in the last couple years.
IF that happened (10% to 20% of management) then you are right and that would happen. The tipping point for widespread adoption is between 17% to 19% according to history. Top tier management (especially sales and marketing) has already demanded that IT "find a way" to accommodate MacBook Air into the infra-structure.Microsoft has made it difficult for other desk OS to work well in a Wintel-rich enviornment by building in stumbling blokcs... for some reason that...
MS Project seems to be in a world unto itself. Maybe it's too small a market, but it's been decades since anyone tried to take any market share from that dinosaur.