or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

I too didn't expect there to be a connection between the Swift language and the IBM partnership. I hadn't heard the 20% to 60% numbers before. When did Cook say that? If that is their goal, then that will indeed blow the lid off of sales of iDevices. In fact a 60% penetration of Exxon alone would be worth breaking out the century-old champaign.That hole out behind Microsoft's Redmond offices needs to be expanded to hold all the Surface Pro 3s. When filled and covered, I...
no. Basic apps don't require Swift.
To illustrate how little we know about Apple's long game in strategic acquisitions, the following list shows that the best minds have only uncovered about a third of the chess moves Apple has made in the last 9 months. . . 29 acquisitions - not counting Beats. 1. LuxVue, micro-LED maker 2. Spotsetter, social search startup 3. SnappyLabs, developer 4. Burstly, TestFlight maker 5. Catch, note taking mobile app developer 6. BroadMap, navigation 7. Embark,...
THIS is nothing like Samsung tried to get a jump on... and Apple patented it, Boy did they patent it! Back in 2011 too... Tying it into the whole Apple line adds value to everything Apple makes. When iOS 8 ships everything I own by Apple is connected, and with this I get connected into my Apple devices as well....
Only seven years ago Steve Ballmer (AKA Uncle Fester) couldn't even dream of an iPhone...
Naw, Apple has always loved to jerk their competitor's chain now and then, like when Jobs said the problem with Microsoft was they have no taste. But, Apple has never done that in the context of a commercial. which is just plain stupid with it's done. Human mind the way it works connects the bad mouthing with the advertiser's product more then as the advertiser intended it.
I agree... ads today need to catch the viewer with the attention span of someone with ADHD disorder on a sugar high... Leaving us old guys going, "What the heck was that!?"
Thanks, I liked it in the ad... don't think I'd care to add it to my library. Wait... I do have it.
Well, they aren't like the raft of stickers found on a brand new Windoz laptops. "Intel Inside" anyone??As far as "experimenting with new ad styles and directions," Apple has always surprised me with their advertising. The "verse" series of ads were gone before they got stale, even the long-running "Get a Mac" ads were fresh each time. But, Apple of late, seems even less prone to themes as in the past. It's gotta drive the competition nuts!
A well-planned long game wins every time. Furthermore, no one knows Apple long game plan, so when Apple makes a move or buys a company, speculation runs wild and often fails to anticipate how and when Apple will move that piece into place (along with one or two more) and by then it's too late for the fast-followers to catch up before Apple does it again.Apple may appear to move slowly, but they only need to move fast enough to keep the competition from catching their...