or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Exactly! Apple always talked about how my photo stream was always backed up and synched ... yadda yadda... But then I was left wondering, "Okay, but what about my camera roll and my shared folder?"
Want some fun? Ask a kid to figure out how we used to text using a rotary phone dial...I remember how our home phone ring tome seemed to sound like everyone else's. I guess no one bothered (or knew how) to change it.User privacy was insured by saying into the receiver, "It's for me, you can hang up now, mom."Everyone also had an unlimited local plan. Roaming was what a person used to do when the new "wire free" phones were invented.
 Are you suggesting that the "1GB LPDDR3 RAM" chip was only being half used (in the iPhone 5) before Apple decided to use the whole chip when they went to 64 bits (in the 5c and 6 iPhones)? If it was being fully used as a 32-bit 1 GB chip, then where did Apple scrape up the transistors to form the extra registers? A chip is not magically 1 GB one day and suddenly a 1 GB the next day with twice the word length... Keep in mind I've been talking all along about the transition...
 Are you saying Apple won't do things on the iPad they don't/won't do on the iPhone? It's already been going on... there's a raft of programs that run on the iPad that would be impracticably ran on a 4" iPhone. Since the iPad has enough real estate to do a split screen with two programs running side-by-side, I can't see Apple not doing it at some point just because it's not practicable on a soon-to-be out-dated iPhone or iPod Touch. What's important from a UI standpoint is...
 I'm not arguing about a Gb being a Gb. I'm saying a Gb with a 32-bit path has the half the transistors, flip flops, or mojo as a Gb chip with a 64-bit path. if you have a RAM chip with a certain memory capacity, then that capacity is based on the chip being used at a certain word size.You cannot take a one-Gb chip and decide to have twice the word length without halving the word count. THAT'S my point. For Apple to increase their word length to 64-bit, they needed to DO...
 I read the article too and it is inadequate. The writer had his/her eye set on gross power consumption points and was totally oblivious to all the smaller places where power is used.
RAM is highly different from mass storage memory, just to keep that clear. However, when any brand X phone says they have 2 Gb of RAM, that is 32-bit RAM. Only Apple currently uses 64-bit RAM. Those longer words require the same number of transistors in operation as if the iPhone were to be running on 2 Gb of (32-bit) RAM. Roughly the same energy draw, and real estate as a brand X phone. A lot of factors will affect battery draw, even the number of ports on the device has...
 Before Apple we enjoyed the invention of the typewriter keyboard, 1860s and the rotary dial phone, 1904 (in it's most recent incarnation). That leaves another approx 40 year gap for the teletype in the 1940s before another 40 year leap to the mouse. Apple sure has sped things up a bit!
 Even God dropped the ball on an "easy user interface" when he created Man 2.0, known as Eve. He's had a problem with every even-numbered release since then too.
Yeah, and that's the font that wouldn't be moved. The only thing the city fathers of San Francisco has agreed on since mid-last-century.