or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Apple likes DED right were he is. DED can say things that Apple (in their understated conservative way) can't say. However, I think Apple should show DED some love; maybe slip him a new 12" MBA for (ahem) "evaluation" purposes. In a world where Apple bashing still goes on, I like a cheerleader to stand up and get a little over-the-top too. ANYONE feel this way too, up-vote this post....
 Maybe staples still wants to make sure it's as magical as it is. 
 It will get there. The only iDevices that can do Pay have been on the market for only a few months (4). About half of those are outside the USA. It's amazing how incredible Pay is doing in spite of all that. Two years from now, when everyone's pre-iPhone 6 contracts have run out and Macs and iPad and Watch are taking Pay too, it will be the end of plastic as we know it...maybe even paper money.* *If the federal government wanted to do something to help organized...
 I'm not sure Apple knows all the stores that have signed on with their banks... just some of the big names that got into the game early.
The camps were actually full of idiots with guns. The local kids view these armed idiots as heroes to be emulated. Take away the AK47s and the idiots become just idiots...nothing special. A gun has became a transformative object. It was not that way when I was a kid in the 1950s, but it has become that today.
 Apple never announced a watch, it was just a rumor. Using your logic, the Television has been rumored even longer. Now we got an Car rumor starting up... If Tim Cook scratches his nuts, someone is sure Apple is going into the jockstrap business... I swear. The silly SmartWatches that hit the market in the last two years were nowhere on target where Apple wanted to go with their Watch. First off Apple was aiming for the upper segment of the market...higher then...
 True, but it adds to the number of users doing thumb twiddling, which supports the BB platform concept. I think of it like how fast food joints like to be crowded together because they all make more money. Actually I don't care about the issue, I dictate to Siri what to type - "I done wan no steekin' keyboards."
 That's quite a list...and it's true, the naysayers were really brutal when it came to finding fault with the first iPhone. I think the competition, while publicly talking the iPhone down, had a sinking suspicion it was a game changer. Whether the Watch may not be quite as strong a disruptor, as the iPhone, it likely will do well in the market from the first day onward. Just as the iPhone of today can do so much more then what any user of 2007 expected, Apple has always...
Since the guts of the Watch is totally contained in one module, I'm guessing Apple will keep the watch up to date with a swap out of the guts. Of course, if the dial (screen), or the sensors are updated, then my guess wouldn't apply. But you are correct, even not updates, the Watch hasn't lost any of its original utility or design elegance.
Wow!! I wondered who won best of a desktop computer... it's not even a category! Shows how powerful the whole "mobile computing" segment has become. No wonder intel and Microsoft are sweating...they missed the bus completely.. I was shocked, shocked, I tell you that Budweiser Beer didn't make the cut... not that their beer is good, but there are so many drinkers out there that buy what's on tap. All in all, it was an interesting selection of products to do a pole...