or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Desktops apps are famous for being bloatware. When RAM was expensive, even Photoshop ran well on a computer with a Meg of RAM. Excellent software shipped on floppy discs. However when the price of RAM dropped and clock speeds went "the sky's the limit," then everyone threw careful coding out the window.Apple all about high portability and battery life on their iDevices. You can't have that and squander resources. How can you have "perfection" in an app that gobbles...
They thought it came from the Truth Fairy, but you need to leave a little money under the pillow, first.Everyone knows that!
Welcome to the MTV attention span advertising... It's the way the teens and twenty-something crowd rolls. This ad was just not designed for you or me. Face it we are redundant, over-the-hill, and past our "use by" date. The Microsoft "shoe store" ad was designed for us...nice and slow and stupid, actually... but much more our speed. To show you how out-of-the-loop I was, I even shut off the iTunes music so I could play attention to the Apple ad. Then I watched it three...
It's refreshing fun to read someone like DED who will jump in front of a bullet for Apple...most of those sort didn't survive the late '80s and early '90s poo-pooing when things were so perilous for Apple, the pompous pundits and prognosticators didn't even bother pillorying Apple products.
I knew this was accurate reporting the moment I spotted, "The tendentiously provocative idea that..." Only people who know what they're talking about can use those words, and that's fact, Jack!
I think what you are asking for is been in the process of happening since about 2009 04 2010, and has accelerated in the last year or so. Part of the earlier effort has been in fine-tuning the iOS and SoC. This year Apple has upped the stakes with tighter integration between computer, phone, tablet and cloud. But Apple is really standing out with their advances in security; most notably with Finger-print ID and Apple Pay. Apple has also put in place some game-changing...
What you are referring to is peak performance of the chips. Where Apple excels by a wide margin is that the A8/X can sustain it's maximum performance continuously while the K1 will need to be quickly dialed back due to heat issues within the confines of a phone package.Apple has done several things with their iOS to keep the A8/X running continuously at or near its peak performance within the confines of an iPhone package. Once again, having control over the HW and SW...
The problem, as I see it, is that a company has to have a pretty aggressive multi-year plan to move the product ahead if it's going to compete with Apple. Android assemblers are fettered by having to rely on Google for OS design and Qualcomm for chip design. If any one of the three is a laggard then the whole bunch wall trail behind Apple. In addition, at any time Apple can disrupt everyone's plans by introducing a new element, such as they did with Metal, Swift, Finger...
The Apple I... another idea that HP had in their hands and didn't recognize it's value because it was designed by someone without a degree.... What a silly way to measure value.
 Apple better have something ready to announce or they lose the whole Christmas *ahem* Holiday sales bubble. (actually it's really too late to salvage this year)