or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

I have no idea if iDevices are exempt or not either. Let's hope the chip in the lightning cable disrupts the exploit. As I read the story, it appears the weakness is built into the UBS protocol which would be hard to protect against if the device meats the UBS standards.
iDevices are worthless because they don't have a UBS connector like android of Surface devices. Yeah...
The two most popular phones on the face of the earth are slated for a $100 slide in price in a couple months, that ought to do it.... Meanwhile the S5 isn't selling well at half price (BOGO) so while the top end is stuffed to bursting, Samsung is in even worse shape on the bottom end... outlets won't even let Samsung stuff their channels.No word on whether Samsung out-spent the whole tech industry combined this year ... but it they haven't reeled in their advertising...
So you want someone else to totally masticate your news and spit it directly into your mouth for you...?
Isn't it just like Microsoft to do the job 9/10 of the way. I applaud MS for thinking of Apple first, but to see a half-arsed job is like MS is putting their corporate logo on the almost- finished product.
I'm glad that MS is putting its software behind Apple products. I could almost forgive them for screwing over the computer industry for decades. Microsoft has seen the future and it's not WIndows...
One could also ask, "As good as Blackberry is, why would anyone chose any other Platform?" Android is weak, and run by a company who isn't profiting by having to babysit it. It's not a good combo and one of these days something will happen to wound it and it won't recover... jes say'n.
Apple has the ability to also remotely kill and remove apps that get through the curation process and onto iDevices.Additionally, while both OSes could have flaws, and while a security breach is always possible, the possibility of it happening on iOS "all the time" is not true. That distinction is reserved for Android alone. Eventually one of the weaknesses in Android is going to mortally wound that platform.
There's a huge difference in how you're treated. For example, when I showed up with my iPhone, the waiter called me by my name and the wine steward poured me a complementary glass of excellent wine. My food arrived quickly and the chef came out of the kitchen personally to make sure everything was satisfactory. Meanwhile the android user seated next to the kitchen door, was greeted by the waiter with a, "Yeah, whadoyawant?" Had to pay extra for a glass of luke warm water...
While you are right about the estimates, once Apple publishes actual numbers that shows how wrong the estimates are, the analysts continue to use the wrong estimates in their next set of numbers. There's no reason for that, except to skew the numbers.