or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

THIS is how you do it.... years of research and accumulating patents. When it's time to move to mass production you have years of a lead on the wannabe competition... and playing catchup is a bitch! And Liquid Metal is only one of several areas reported on this site where Apple is straining to make a breakthrough. And then there are other areas of technology we have not even a rumor of.
I see this change as bringing the app switcher closer to how the screen-over will act, and perhaps may actually be one and the same by the time iOS9 is out of beta.
You ask a good question. I suspect each device may get smarter individually... but once Apple gets a better feel for what's going on, they will find a way to pass the "user's personality" over to new devices, or pass it among a specific user's devices. Apple has a tendency to expand something once it's introduced and not try to go whole hog with something in a way similar to Google or Facebook.
I picked up, from the article, that by changing how the distribution of iPhones are to be carried out, Apple sales will double or more in a year. You are suggesting Apple sell phones in India the sale way they do in NY City, which has already proven to not work as well in India.While I agree price is very important in India, it has also proven to be also being locally available too.
You are being too generous. The vast majority of Windows 8/8.1 users can barely find an email attachment, much less even know what a "split screen" is or why they might need it.
You think split screen ability is dumb when it is a feature to align the user experience for iOS users with mobile OSX users? Your opinion on this is what's really dumb! Mac Power users with large screen will likely have less to no use, but this wasn't made for such users.
Apple Music is more for the current generation coming into being... Like you, I'm not that fond of streaming music, but I'm an old fart that's happy with iTunesRadio now and then, but listen to my own library when I get a rare desire to hear certain music. The incoming generation has the focus of an over-stimulated puppy. Apple Music will be perfect for this group. I enjoy silence most of all ... a rare event for the most part any more. While I on this, I cannot block out...
I was under the impression that the "first three months" were to be free... not, "the next three months." BIG difference.
Emphasis are mine. This is more true every year. It is truly a world economy. For example, a Toyota truck, made in America, has more USA parts in it than a similar Ford truck. While Apple's products are assembled in China, Apple employes hundreds of thousands of USA employees to manage marketing and the Apple infrastructure (a higher skilled workforce than Foxconn's). Where final assembly occurs is but a tiny part of a much larger picture in today's world.
Twit just raised the character limit to "War and Peace" with director notes and alternate endings. Talk about a change!!!