or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

This is insane! All of the advantages of buying from Amazon don't come into play when I walk into a brick and mortar store. Meanwhile none of Amazon's advantages are enhanced. Right now, I can shop in my PJs, 24/7. I can easily compare prices, buy used books and music, and buy from Amazon affilliate stores. I think Amazon will find their stores to be slightly less empty then a Microsoft store. In the meantime Amazon will find out how hard it is to get employees who are...
Samsung management really sucks and if good employees are mis-managed you won't get their best work. Look at microsoft, for 10 years they had the smartest and brightest engineers and software designers all under Uncle Fester's thumb - and all that brain power didn't do more then see MS tread water all that time.Another thing Apple is very good at is long term strategy which they execute under the cloak of secrecy. By the time Apple gets ready to reveal their new product...
It's so nice to see Apple doing a robust computer business after being kicked around for much of the '90s and onward. While much of their sales are in laptops and of that the MBA is a big portion, It means, to me, Apple is wedge tightly in the mobile niches they carved out for themselves. I remember when the first MBA was introduced by Steve and both the hardware and the price took everyone's breath away... But Apple hung in there and refined away the hardware and pricing...
I think the traditional thinking was to buy all the computer a person could afford because by the time you needed to upgrade the previous purchase was horribly underpowered and painfully slow. While that is less of the case these days, the impulse to overbuy is still there.
Actually, I think he still pines for an original Compaxx lugable. Now there was a man's computer! Not something a girly man could tote around.
Haha... So bendgate wasn't a flaw, it was an unannounced feature!
Speaking of implosions... This has gotta affect Google. After all Sammy is Google's biggest single customer for Android OS. Apple isn't feeding user data to Goodle like before, and I think the low-end Chinese manufacturers have their own search and play services... User data has gotta be going dark for the mother ship... Once Apple ships the new Mac OS, Google will see almost no search data from Mac users... W00t
I imagin Samsung's next wearable will look like a man wearing only a barrel...
Samsung may be including more RAM because of inefficiencies in the OS. Apple has, from the start, worked hard to keep the iDevices lean and mean. I remember when computers needed only MBs of RAM, then RAM became cheap and programs became bloated until today it's a RAM & resource-hungry monster.
Maybe Apple's next chip will be called A10 ... not to let MS get ahead of them in the numbering process.