or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

So.... Smoked baloney..?
I've head that if you want to wear it outside to see how it looks in the sun, Apple's fine with that...
I've had the issue with game ads at the bottom edge of my iPad screen... I easily touch that area and "KAPOW" I'm sent to the installation page... Usually not a problem if you buy the app so the ads are not present.
I've heard that is somewhat common with laptops especially. Some crapware only allow you to reinstall the image of the hard disk you got when you lugged the virus-ridden thing into your home. So you really can't get shed of the bloatware...
You're wrong. The average user of a laptop can't even set up their own email account on one. They buy something cheap, plug it in and use it to the extent of their abilities to find Facebook and play Farmville. Erase a hard disk, including the OS, Install a clean version of Windoze, it can't happen — even if they got a CD of the OS when they took possession of the crap computer.
Maybe Apple is also wanting some big batteries, not the kind that are portable. Let's just assume for a moment that Apple isn't planning on making cars, but some other kind of vehicle to move people around, more like public transportation, for example. That's even closer to Apple's heart than cars... now imagine every city using these rolling billboards with Apple logos on them... and they are quiet, green, and offer device power/recharge onboard, even wifi. This change we...
Any employment agreements the employees signed before the company entered into a bankruptcy would cease being relevant. The employer's ability to fulfill its side of the contract has changed materially. This is especially so, as the story indicated, the company is in the process of selling off assets. Apple's hiring of the soon-to-be unemployed engineers, is an inconvenience to A123 corp, in a process of slowly winding down the company. At worst it may shorten the...
I started using PS 1.x back when a Mac II was the fasted thing Apple was shipping. What a blast!! When I received the 2.0 CD it came with a floppy to kill the beta time-bomb they accidently left in the shipped CDs.It's hard to imagine that PS ever ran on a 680x0 machine, with 8Meg of RAM, but it once did. Now why do I think my first version of PS didn't ship under the Adobe's name?
No love being thrown Gimp's way....
I was a big fan of ReadySetGo for DTP back in the day, before they stopped being promoted in the USA. They only have ONE guy working on the code for OSX and the update has been stalled for years... It was a nice compact program that did a lot for a few bucks, and was pretty snappy running on the old pre-RISC chip Mac days.