or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Keynote begins at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow morning. All eyes will be on the elephant in the room. No one will believe a word of the keynote if Satya Nadella doesn't talk about the IBM/Apple deal just fucking up everything.Again, without even being present, Apple just sucked all the air out of the room. SOMEBODY's gonna stick a mic in Ballmer's face and try to recreate the initial iPhone interview questions... God I miss that guy!
It sure would cover up bad news, but Apple's gonna rock the quarter, which will be good sauce to pour on Samsung's goose which was cooked by really bad numbers. By the end of December Samsugn stock will be fit to sell in gumball machines.
Only the X86 portion was sold. IBM is essentially out of the market for those smaller servers only...
While agree with your second paragraph, I don't with your first ...Apple has done a host of things with iOS aimed at the enterprise for 6 years now. THIS announcement is the payoff for moving all the pieces into place. For IBM the chief reason is knowing they can pre-install their secret sauce on the iOS devices and they are securely fixed there. There are a lot of other things about the iDevices and Apple that make it a good fit as well. Another I'd like to mention is the...
Apple's not doing too bad with MBAs in the enterprise market, with most of them running Windows. However, there's a reasonable chance that desktop computers are seriously on the wane. Even within a large company there's more pressure to attend meetings or go from building to building with your computer, not printouts. Then, if you watched the WWDC keynote, the new iOS and OSX will be able to exchange data via AirDrop like crazy. This mean the IBM Big Data apps locked to...
Are you sure about SWA buying Surfaces... I'm pretty sure it was Delta that jumped off the wrong side of the bridge...
The only way you will be able to get the IBM apps will be to buy the iDevices with the apps pre-loaded onto the iDevices directly from IBM sales reps. (read this in another story).The IT guys LOVE IBM reps and tolerate Microsoft reps, so when the IBM reps pulls out his order pad and says," How many IBM/iDevices do you want?" IT will respond with, "How many you got?"
Think of it more like a "sideline shitfest."IBM just did for Apple what they did for MS back in the day. Most of us don't know how powerful IBM is in the bigger business sphere. They've been beating the "Big Date" drum for a while now, and they have the space all to themselves. Microsoft's been asleep all through Ballmer's era and he never saw the buzzards circling...Samsung's view of the future is too focused on where Apple is/was, not where they're headed. Sammy thinks...
I agree with some of this but I do see that if Microsoft were to partner with anyone, it would be Apple since Apple has now been blessed by IBM as the doorway into enterprise, If you want to get your apps in front of the c-suits' nose, then it has to be on an iOS device.
SJobs@apple.com still works, only jobs doesn't respond like he used to....