or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Truly, worse than worthless! The "Others" category came to more then Apple and Sam Scummy combined. What kind of survey would report that a group of unknowable manufacturers did more business then the two leading companies! The "Other" category is the "finagle factor" to make data total whatever number Gartner wanted it to be...See for more in depth understanding of this important factor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finagle's_lawWhere the "Finagle factor", is an ad hoc...
I'm not sure Apple will spill on the whole pricing structure on the 9th, they may offer more details, but Apple is being a bit coy. As for Munster shitting out some numbers, remember where he pulled all his numbers from... they all come the same orifice and are more often wrong then even "chance" would get you.
I remember THAT watch from the late '70s. They tried to milk it for a few hundred bucks back then, but the bottom fell out of the Red LED watch market with Texas Instrument's $19.95 announcement. Red LED watches became radioactive overnight. No jeweler would stock them without taking them on consignment from the manufacturers. Omega ended with some egg on their face... And would you LOOK at the watch face! The crazy ugly logo and the name "OMEGA" almost as big as the time...
I'd love to see the Mac get some loving from this partnership, but I think the main emphasis of the partnership is to use highly mobile iDevices (currently the iPhone and iPad) to handle highly secure corporate data (into and out of) the iDevice. This level of security of data which makes Apple the logical selection by IBM to support and the enterprise client to trust.We can try to imagine of this partnership may grow to include new equally secure iDevices, for example, an...
One statement that stood out to me in the IMB/Apple announcement last December was this one: "IBM's apps are built exclusively for iPhone and iPad, and are delivered in a secure environment, embedded with analytics and linked to core enterprise processes. The apps can be customized for any organization and easily deployed, managed and upgraded via cloud services, IBM and Apple said." There are several nuggets in this statement. First, the security of the environment....
Might I also mention that IBM is offering a total solution/maintenance solution for major companies. It is by working closely with Apple that Apple has created new AppleCare programs for enterprise to make Apple and IBM's partnership work more friendly to the end users. There's much more going on under the hood to make this program work than just the apps.Apple has traditionally done well with the school market, but the rest of the large business and government customer...
As I understand it, Apple is highly involved in the app design, I can't see Apple's contract/partnership will allow the apps showing up on other platforms.I too hope to see some of this leak out for more general business use on the iDevices platform... I did have to smirk when I was looking over the Passenger Care app... Every air carrier on the planet will use this except Delta which will have to learn to hate the MS Surface even more...
Yes... We, in the USA are subject to 30,000 to 300,00 ad messages per DAY. It may be as small at the brand sticker on the car ahead of you in traffic, or the car dealership's sticker. Even the license plate has a state message. All these competing messages overwhelm our mind's filter.
No one's going to laugh at Apple, but I will micturate in your general direction and have a laugh at your expense...
You said it!!! Interestingly, it's not the professional equipment that is producing the overwhelming bulk of the photos being posted on Photography sites of every kind, it's the iPhone camera that rules them all. No one's laughing at Apple when the iPhone (especially the iPhone 6+) can capture multiple exposures in an instant and layer them for maximum effect. Who wants to buy Sam Scummy's big pixel numbers when Apple's marriage of HW & SW out-performs HW only...! What an...