or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Then what the hell have I been listening to for a year called Apple Radio??!!Whatever it was, was a very persistent hallucination ...
I believe Apple's planning is long range and their vision includes several generations of iPhones at any given time. While Apple takes note of advances implemented by other manufactures they do not act reactive to them. This is why Apple is not always first with a given feature, but does usually implement features more sensibly when they do come along than competitors have done. Everything is done to address a pre-planned stream of advancements that fit Apple's long-term...
I always had to laugh at Microsoft. First they labeled the iPad as a "consumption" device, while calling their steaming pile of electronics (the Surface) as a "creation" device. Then they demo the surface showing how you can watch a movie on it... Hello??At least the iPad can shoot the video and then edit it, caption it, and add in background music... While the surface is too heavy and bulky to tote around for shoot a video, and then needs to be plugged in to a power...
Even now iPad sales lead all other tablet sales. I haven't heard of the Surface even pushing past some of the better-named Android brands in sales. However Microsoft is better at monitoring their inventory... this year's pile to be buried is much smaller than the steaming pile of Surfaces buried during Ballmer's tenure.
No, it's quite useful. It's your imagination that's fairly useless. The app on the right could be your pictures where you want one for the app on the left. It could be your note app, where you want to retrieve or add something, or your calendar, or a dictionary or ... well, you either get it or you don't...
Nope, nope, and nope. Apple will not evolve both OS's into a single OS. The touch interface and the mouse interface may come to be more similar, which will make switching from using the iPad to the Mac easier and more familiar, but they will remain two different OS's. It is possible that the Mac OS may die out at some time, but that will be because Apple only serving the mobile user, which is where most of the growth is at.That may never happen as the laptop computer is...
I disagree. The user doesn't necessarily know what they are being asked to decide. Especially if it is a child being asked. Memory management of this kind is best invisible to the user. Additionally, levels are something which are often purchased, so one isn't sure if they are being asked to purchase or just download. Bad, bad, bad!!!
Whoa!! I wonder how many apps I can get on my old iPad under the the new "thinning" method. I'm often going through and sending apps to the cloud so I can add something new. My next iPad will definitely have more storage, but this change will give me another year with "old reliable." Also, this may be the first time that a computer device got faster for me the longer I owned it.
Bah! None of those formats have a decent dynamic range. That's why everywhere I go I bring my own orchestra with me. It may be a bit expensive but it's worth it.