or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Well, they aren't like the raft of stickers found on a brand new Windoz laptops. "Intel Inside" anyone??As far as "experimenting with new ad styles and directions," Apple has always surprised me with their advertising. The "verse" series of ads were gone before they got stale, even the long-running "Get a Mac" ads were fresh each time. But, Apple of late, seems even less prone to themes as in the past. It's gotta drive the competition nuts!
A well-planned long game wins every time. Furthermore, no one knows Apple long game plan, so when Apple makes a move or buys a company, speculation runs wild and often fails to anticipate how and when Apple will move that piece into place (along with one or two more) and by then it's too late for the fast-followers to catch up before Apple does it again.Apple may appear to move slowly, but they only need to move fast enough to keep the competition from catching their...
The HTC One M8 (which I've not seen) must be a really well built phone. All the reviews were glowing on the hardware. Of course it still suffered from running on android. I don't think many shoppers even knew it was around because of all the advertising noise surrounding Samsung. While Samsung is aiming for Apple's business, they probably hit more android manufacturers than anything.
You make a good point. However, since Samsung claims to be making a profit, which is remarkable in the android sphere, we can assume they are also the leading android phone manufacturer. As for leading high-end android phone manufacturer, that may be another story. We know from the CA trial (Apple vs Samsung) that Samsung exaggerated their claims of sales of their high-end phones (even lied to their stock holders), so nothing of real substance can be said about their...
They will actually go way over 100MM when you add in the low cost options of a 5s and 5c....By coming out with two iPhones last year and two more this year, Apple will still offer the total 4 current models offering like last year only with much more modern architecture (dropping the 4s).For what it's worth, I still haven't see a 5c in the wild.
I agree. Heads Apple wins, tails Apple doesn't lose.
Slowly, slowly, there's less talk about what Apple will release in the 4" size. I suppose the 5s and 5c will be back to cover the budget end, but there's been a complete silence on that. One thing I do hope is that the minimum memory in the iPhone 6 will be 32G. There's just so many good apps, music, and iBooks out there to get by on 16G. I'm ready to go for an iPhone 6, and put my iPhone 5 on eBay. it's been a great iPhone but it's time to move on. The other quiet...
In two more day Apple will be talking about the billions they've earned... just after Samsung had cried in their beer over profits being off by 25%. I can't believe you can even say Apple has had nothing new to talk about. Apparently if it's not a micro-increment change in hardware every few weeks, a la Samsung, then it's nothing to you. And for some crazy reason you think Apple should ape Samsung's losing strategy?!I have no idea how many high-end phones Samsung has...
Adjusted for inflation, it's about the same as 10 years ago. I think Microsoft's real problem is that they are a distant third in mobile, and thats where the growth is. Yes, they do have the desktop locked up, but that's fading star. Enterprise is shared by Microsoft with IBM, which had a strategy going forward that out-shines whatever 3100 word geek-speak plan Microsoft's head babbler has penned.
DED, Ima sending you a thersaurus via overnight mail so you can find alternate words for "beleaguered." The word has a good dozen synonyms. Sometimes, even, one of those would have better than the one you over-used.Otherwise, it was a good article.One thing you touched on:Microsoft's massive layoffs of 18,000 people is well know, but their number of affected vendors and contractors, as last reported, came to 80,000. These are all slated for non-renew once their existing...