or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

Steve told us that Microsoft "lacked taste." They've done nothing to prove him wrong, only drove the fact home, So we do know what to expect... we just don't know how bad it will be.
My sources tell me the Microsoft watch will be called "Turd on an Imitation Leather Band." The battery will reside in a fake pocket protector in the shirt pocket, and the watch will include a small cooling fan to prevent flesh burns. There is disagreement about whether the TILB will have a "Start" menu but it will run MS Office.
The mere rumor that Apple was working on a wrist watch sent multiple tech companies off to create their own before Apple, or at least announce that they were working on one too. But Apple doesn't enter a market (or create one) without putting their own twist on the concept...and that's Apple's secret sauce. DED's statement, "Apple's ability to introduce new technologies, quickly bring them to market and just as rapidly gain widespread adoption for them is nothing short of...
Apple knows what is selling in huge numbers and will dump what isn't... you just have to keep that in mind. In our collective ignorance, it's easy to say that certain moves are not smart, but it will look that way to those who are not clued in...
I agree. I love how Apple has kept the top of the line iPad at the $499 price point, while teasing with four times the storage for only $100 more. It makes spending an additional C-note a no-brainer. Velly crevel those Chinese Cupertinoans...!
I was just doing some computing... If I wanted the new 5K iMac, a new iPad with 64G of storage, and the iPhone 6+ with 64G of storage, I could get the whole shebang for $3400. That's only $400 more then I paid for my 128K Mac and the dot matrix Apple printer.   The thought makes me dizzy to contemplate...
No one has ever won a grudge match with potential customers. Not to mention that most sports teams do like, and use, iPads where ever they can.
Starts to create??? Did you just notice that Apple is different in most every way??? The "normal rules" haven't applied to Apple in a long long time... and it drives the competition nuts!
Japanese manufactured goods once stood for tinny crap... then Chinese goods represented what crap stood for... Things change over time. Get used to it. By suing Apple, Bose sure showed 'em. Heh heh heh... /s
I'm not sure if you upgraded to the latest version of OSX, but you will see where you are encouraged to use "Spotlight" in Safari which can return a lot of search queries without using Google... No longer do the Google advertisers fill the top spots on your results. Google's about to learn what John Wayne meant when he said it's harder when you're stupid. Meanwhile the clock is ticking out the last of Google's search patent's life.