or Connect

Posts by Macky the Macky

One thing Apple can benefit from by bringing the ad crew inside the company is that they can be making ads for product BEFORE Apple announces them and not lose the secrecy Apple so loves. If this is what is motivating Apple then they would be working hard at the ads now through this Fall so Apple announces the new products and the media is full of ads the same day...
I really don't think Apple has stopped using TBWA/Media Arts Lab or even plans to do so. What I see go ing on here is Apple/Phil Schiller is taking the "Verse" ads in house and serving notice to TBWA/Media Arts Lab that Apple is not a "safe" account and they really need to get back on their toes. This will tend to make the add agency work harder and do better.Apple's in house people have done some really remarkable things, if nothing else, look at the beautiful designs of...
It has nothing to do with "figuring out a way". It's a dumb idea and Apple is not up for dumb ideas.
I accessed the video on the Apple site - no problem. My MBP is so old that it runs off of coal, so don't know what you may be having going on. I've NEVER Had to do a clean install and I've been Maccing along since the 128k Mac in 1894. Probably need to zap your PRAM.
Sometime in the next 12 months I expect a new malware exploit will burn through the bulk of the Android devices over night, emptying bank accounts and bricking phones like the black plague. In the aftermath I imagine these same MBMS* will blame the banking system rather then the phones.*Male Bovine Manure Spreaders
Fear not, Apple will still be selling a 4" iPhone. It will be an iPhone 5s for sure and very likely one of the iPhone 6 choices. The vast market of smart phone buyers love the 4" size as shown by Apple's sales. The large screen smart phones may prove to be a short term demand created by Samsung's massive marketing. Apparently, the demand that Apple build such a device is not supported by Samsung's actual sales numbers (as discovered during the recent Apple/Samsung trial)....
I see where you got that from the first table in the story, but did you notice that Nokia/MS and BlackBerry didn't even make the table... that makes them the Zombie brands!
Apple may be focusing on China's mapping (as they mentioned in the Keynote) and your reports may be a much lower priority.While I would have agreed with your opinion that "search is key to a platform" at one time, how Apple is implementing Spotlight on their OSX and iOS may just marginalize Google by allowing the end user to add in widgets to Spotlight. If Apple's approach works out right, we could see search results be better fine-tuned and free of all the hits that are...
Samsung scheduled an event in the same city at the same time as WWDC to try lure the developers away from Apple's event, so I was happy to see Cook pouring icy cold water on Samsung's parade via Android. Within the context that Cook made those statements, it was well done and on topic. I'm also happy that his comments were noticed by and repeated by the pundits. In two hours Apple made have announced enough things to fuel stories from now to when Apple gets near releasing...
I hope Google already regrets their back stabbing. Android was supposed to steal the whole smartphone business away from Apple and drive apple back into the computer business. It failed. Chrome was designed to steal the laptop business from Apple and blunt Apple's market in that area. Both have failed and now Apple is taking back market share and showing strong leadership in software design that adds high value to consumers, small business, and enterprise customers...