or Connect

Posts by rufwork

Many people complain that it's rare to properly plug in the connector on the first try.   "Rare" as in 50%? Or "many" as in 5? Come on, man. Plugging in a USB cable isn't like looking for the Amur leopard (or whatever rare animal you google up). Or, "Ha ha ha, we've all had difficulty with USB! M I RITE!?!!?"? Hilarious.   But if you consider about 50% of the time for those who don't bother to check which side has the printed USB symbol on it (or don't have wires with...
 I got the feeling that it was Lenovo in the US that made the decision to inject Superfish. It's not like Windows in American English is a big seller in China. I'd bet these disk images were targeted for the US by folks that work in the US.   When did it become cool to start referring to Apple as plural? I'm not picking on sflocal here -- I see this all over. Except from Tim Cook. 
 Huh? I think you're missing the point. ESPN3 barely has the same coverage as the "real" ESPNs, and there are just a few more channels than sports on Sling TV. Honestly, I'm enjoying the return to live TV. I hate the completist drive of watching every stupid show I've got on DVR that I felt when I was on DirecTV. DVR Zero is about as annoying as Inbox Zero. If I don't get to WiFi in time for PTI with Sling TV, I just miss it. No big deal. Man, that's refreshing. Combine...
 No dice. GameStop's got something too close to that one.  ;)
 Sheesh, overreact much?  ;^)  I think I'll open something called the Foodstuffs Store, or a Milk Store -- or perhaps it's cutting off the beginning of the word that made it trademarkable? Auto[mobile] Store! Cloth[ing] Store! Foot[wear] Store! Time[piece] Store! Barb[er] Shop! Con[venience] Store! I'm happy there's a country with a good, reasonable alternative to the overly broad (imo, ob) swath of what's trademarkable in the US.  Is it really that big a deal to make...
DAAAAAD!! Why is Rex Chapman sleeping in my room?!!?
"Henge Docks' Vertical Docking Station is an easy recommendation for Retina MacBook Pro owners who regularly use an external display"   What a puff review.  Look, if real estate is a huge issue on your desk and you have a single monitor, the HengeDock makes some good sense. Or if you don't mind shelling out this kind of cash to have a HDTV box, maybe, as the review remarks, but then I'm not sure you don't just buy an Apple TV and mirror the display.   Otherwise, as...
 Embedded YouTube or it doesn't exist. But otherwise yes, you're right.
How did we get this far into comments without GIVING IT UP FOR BALLMER!!!1!     Nobody's all about the D like B.
It's up to the app developer how they handle "complete inversions". Downcast, for instance, flips completely.Painfully, however, in practice you're more right than I would've expected -- I just tried a few. Mail doesn't flip. Chrome and Safari don't flip. Clear doesn't flip.I think Downcast must be the only app I routinely use with the iPhone in strange orientations, usually because it's floating around in the car and I'm not looking when I pick it up. Didn't realize...