or Connect

Posts by rufwork

It's up to the app developer how they handle "complete inversions". Downcast, for instance, flips completely.Painfully, however, in practice you're more right than I would've expected -- I just tried a few. Mail doesn't flip. Chrome and Safari don't flip. Clear doesn't flip.I think Downcast must be the only app I routinely use with the iPhone in strange orientations, usually because it's floating around in the car and I'm not looking when I pick it up. Didn't realize...
 Getting 40% of the screen back and being able to type @ (and numbers, and...), no matter what UI keyboard would have popped up, without changing virtual keyboards two or three times seems nearly worth it already.  I've got to make some passwords longer instead of full of wacky characters, which is stupid of me, but until then...  Brilliant.  Really.  That truly is a missed opportunity.  I bet you could flip the case as is and just block the lightning and headphone port......
There's at least one report that you can use the iCade with it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735361 ... but that's not working for me. Checked the company's FAQ... http://www.realtech-vr.com/support/ios.php ... and I've got QWERTY selected. Anybody else have any luck?
 Yeah, was thinking the same thing.  With all the stuff stolen from the Keynote, at first I wondered if he'd even gotten those 25 seconds.  That's not an unfair complaint -- this doesn't quite fit the "hands-on" genre, does it? But we clicked...
Normally Dilger's bias bothers me in his AI articles.  They often feel more like homerism than journalism (though I'm finding him to be a great podcast guest), and it's hard to dig out the useful new information.   This time, I was relieved to see the byline.  It's become the new media-herd position to say Samsung's up and Apple's down.  There's probably some truth to the herd's inspiration -- Apple's level of growth was too meteoric to sustain forever, and Samsung...
And if the MacMall leak is any indication, the 13" MBP with Retina display is (indeed) going to go up a few bucks, from 1580.70 to 1597.99.
Well, the interesting thing is that this connector has an EPROM. I wonder if it isn't going to update every so often when it's on the net... So if you've got an unauthorized and imperfect clone, it might stop working on you at some point. Kind of like how Blu-ray is supposed to have codes so that if a machine is hacked, you can release future Blu-rays that are no longer compatible with that model. Otherwise, why the trouble, you know?
  Pretty sure you don't get AM because of how big the antenna would be, plus the fact that AM tends to be especially directional.  It's hard to get Apple-quality AM into something that small.  Even a dedicated portable radio often has trouble.  I feel your pain, though.  I'm going to an NFL game tomorrow, and would like to listen to the live radio broadcast on, you guessed it, AM.   The nano is a great pure iPod.  I enjoy having one for the car for podcasting and...
  This glut of errors is exactly why they need to prioritize and fix the high visibility errors first.     if ("Columbia, SC" == strSearch) then      location.lat = 34°00′2″N       location.lon = 81°02′39″W end if   If you've worked on software, you know sometimes imperfect fixes NOW are a heck of a lot better than waiting on perfection.  That doesn't take months.  Check that link I included above where Dilger talks about print advertisements that slam points Maps can't...
  I just tested it on an iPhone 5 in the Apple Store this weekend.  Maps even "autocompleted" my typing "Columbia" with the option for a red pin next to "Columbia, SC".  Guess where that sends you?  (In case that's not clear, it goes to South America.)         "Columbia, SC" should send you to Columbia, South Carolina.  It's a well-known bug at this point.  Apple should fix it.  Apple should have fixed it weeks ago.  It's server-side info, so it's an easy fix to...