or Connect

Posts by rufwork

Yep, different's not the same as "bad". It's just different. I can't tell what the rough edges mean for Apple as an investment. One of the things Jobs' Apple was good at was not chasing the money, and not getting caught up with celebrity, while also keeping quality surprisingly high, all things considered. I'm not sure people working at Apple are as worried about their camera getting pitched off stage in a huff of rage now, and I wonder if that lack of fear causes these...
If they really aren't signed, this is a pretty sloppy misstep for Apple. Check out the press release:https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/06/08Introducing-Apple-Music-All-The-Ways-You-Love-Music-All-in-One-Place-.html  There's something about the giant phones, IBM business partnership, loose keynotes, pandering to faddish celebrity, and myopic marketing moves like this one that assure me the Apple of today is, unsurprisingly, not the Apple I knew even five years ago.
 Sorry, feeding time's over, BRILLIANT RHETORICIAN!!1!!!1  "You're so vain..." ;^) It's not if you're happy (though you apparently wouldn't've been), or if I'm happy (I wasn't), or even if most are happy. The question is solely a business decision. Are there enough folks that are turned off by the trouble managing with 16 gigs of internal memory that their reactions lose Apple money. I don't know. You don't know. But Gruber might be closer to knowing, and he was so...
 Okay, a few last morsels for the troll... First, I already said exactly this: "Of course what he really means is that the hundreds folks spend for the larger capacities is bankrolling this other stuff." Just say so, Phil. In a sense, though, it was a horribly honest answer, hidden behind one quick logical reversal. Second, you're obviously not a Stratechery reader. Apple has, on balance, played a very long game. Remember the cash they left on the table until the iPhone 5...
What a bunch of hooey. I hope Gruber followed up. There's no cheaper way to make everyone's experience across the board better. How much can you save per phone by not using 32? 64? I bet it's dollars (as in not tens of dollars... I should know. I used a 16 gig iPhone 5S for a year then upgraded to 32. It's night and day. Before, I had to strain to find space, and now it's tight, but purely discretionary. I realize I don't represent everyone, but let's go for 64 and I bet...
RobinHood.com gives free stock trades? Reminds me of The Change Bank of SNL. But if Apple's giving them an award, I've got to think they're at least borderline legit. Looks like "fun"; I wonder how much money I can lose on the stock market in the next few months...
Many people complain that it's rare to properly plug in the connector on the first try.   "Rare" as in 50%? Or "many" as in 5? Come on, man. Plugging in a USB cable isn't like looking for the Amur leopard (or whatever rare animal you google up). Or, "Ha ha ha, we've all had difficulty with USB! M I RITE!?!!?"? Hilarious.   But if you consider about 50% of the time for those who don't bother to check which side has the printed USB symbol on it (or don't have wires with...
 I got the feeling that it was Lenovo in the US that made the decision to inject Superfish. It's not like Windows in American English is a big seller in China. I'd bet these disk images were targeted for the US by folks that work in the US.   When did it become cool to start referring to Apple as plural? I'm not picking on sflocal here -- I see this all over. Except from Tim Cook. 
 Huh? I think you're missing the point. ESPN3 barely has the same coverage as the "real" ESPNs, and there are just a few more channels than sports on Sling TV. Honestly, I'm enjoying the return to live TV. I hate the completist drive of watching every stupid show I've got on DVR that I felt when I was on DirecTV. DVR Zero is about as annoying as Inbox Zero. If I don't get to WiFi in time for PTI with Sling TV, I just miss it. No big deal. Man, that's refreshing. Combine...
 No dice. GameStop's got something too close to that one.  ;)