or Connect

Posts by rufwork

This year, Apple has continued to sell a single iPad 2 while offering a "new iPad," positing the device somewhere between the naming convention of iPhone and its iPod touch and Macs, which don't get new names and typically don't overlap in sales. Strangely, the story seems to have gotten as close as you can without actually hitting the mark. They're going to leave numbers behind entirely, and simply start calling things the "New iPad" and the "Previous iPad". Same...
This is the sort of stupid thing you can do when you've got billions in the bank. But seriously, if it's so bad, why are these folks still using their iPhone 4? $15 seems high. $15 x however many were sold sounds like a bad business decision. I guess, like a rebate, not that many folk will really take them up on this, huh? I mean the battery on my Optimus V doesn't always last the day. I bought an extended battery for $20. Where's my settlement?
Thanks. I'm getting "Our apologies but there was an unexpected error with the application. This problem has been noted, and an email has been sent to the administrators. Please check back in a few hours to try the download again." when I try the story's URL. Download link works. Why this doesn't SMS like Google Voice, though, I don't know.
I don't understand; what's Motorola's endgame? (Still very Dilger-esque, but an interesting read.)
Please, enough of this tripe from Dilger. He's an interestingly flamous fanboy, but this can't be called anything that approaches journalism. Take him off of the standard RSS feed, please. Some of us want insider news, not insider propaganda. It's easy to predict which articles are his, but I'm tired of having to slog through them.
Thanks for the rumor, Samsung.
Compare Apples to apples, please. How did they do compared to students who annotated text in their textbooks? Or took decent notes? Or did anything other than pick their nose?How did the students playing Angry Birds on their iPad do vs. kids who took notes on paper?And if we're comparing those kids who left their iPads at home or destroyed them vs. those who were active enough to remember, causation is pretty much too strong.(And as others have pointed out... n = 18? I...
Why would people jump at an iPhone 4.1? If anything, Joe Consumer will jump at *any* perceived advance, even if they thing only *looks* completely different. If it looks the same and the improvements are subtle, I'm not sold that this'll sell any better than the 4 sells now (not that that's the end of the world for Apple). Better antenna and camera! Yay! RLY?
Hrm, so, um, how much for what's left over?
It's only $100 to go from 2 Gigs to 4 Gigs of RAM in the base model. It's $200 to bump up to the next higher tier of 11" MBA, which is, strangely, what iFixIt suggests you do.Since the SSD remains upgradeable, I don't see any reason to spend that ($200 minus $100 for more RAM equals an) extra $100 for a larger SSD. Keep the base and customize with 2 more Gigs of RAM and be done. Unless you're in an Apple Store that's not in China and you want the MBA NOW.You might go...