or Connect

Posts by rufwork

Looking at that picture, "survived" is a heck of an overstatement.
I'm more confused with the idea of which OS folks prefer. Can you really survey OS preference, or are they really measuring which platform (phone + OS) people plan to buy? That is, I greatly prefer iOS, but with Virgin Mobile's all the data you want for $25/month, I went with an Android phone. Do I count as a customer who prefers iOS or Android for the purposes of this survey? Seems the way the questions were framed (if this story represents them accurately), you could...
Pretty homogenous looking top 10 there. If the bald guy didn't shave, it'd be 9 outta 10. Probably is time for Ballmer to go. I don't dislike him as a CEO completely, but when's the last time he said something more intuitive and market-related than, "Developers, developers, developers, developers"? "GIVE IT UP FOR MEEEEEEEEEE!" -- Steve Ballmer
I'll tell you want is crap... The Nike+iPod dongle for the nano. It's not made for running. Use one for a while and *pop*, out it comes. And when it pops, Nike+ decides that you've finished your workout. No way to say, "No I didn't; please continue adding data now that I've stuck the dongle back in." Nike+ on the nano is worthless. On the touch, it's not bad -- the best pedometer on the market. On the iPhone, it's greatly and easily surpassed by Runkeeper (or even...
Give me a break. You can install apps from the net on Android phones without rooting them. They're nothing close to iOS' closedness. I'm not saying that's a better policy than Apple's, but it's not a pot-kettle situation like it sounds like in the post.
Looks like a yes.Still, even with this news, it's not like I'm going to go out and buy a 2009 Mac Pro. Prices are still insane, even for used.
I've wondered about that too. This looks like the perfect Asus XG Game Station implementation. Now you're not just talking laptops, but every Mac short of a PowerMac as your potential market.
Thank you. What a load. How people get paid and make headlines with craptastic crud like this, I have no idea. I mean "soon" could very well mean taking the below and subbing 2011 for 201.This is why it's important not to depend on brokers for advice on specific companies when investing. Unless they've got a fetish for something and are studying it compulsively, even the "best" don't say jack.
All this chip bloat makes me suspicious that AMD vs. Intel isn't quite creating the competitive, fairly balanced market you'd want it to see.
Maybe. It's not like major brokers with index funds don't have other investments that'll start changing now.To over-simplify like mad, pretend somebody's got a third of their firm's cash in AAPL, a third in MSFT, and a third in NASDAQ's index. They know that soon they'll need to take, what, 12% of a third... 4% of their total worth in AAPL stock out of out of the index fund. Why not plan to move that to the AAPL chunk (it's like they get to buy 4% of their worth in AAPL...