or Connect

Posts by rufwork

Yeah, we're trusting a source that says..."People said"?!! Has journalistic sourcing died?
But this would miss out on the "eyes free" and car safe click wheel, which is half the reason to buy a nano now. Anybody ever try to pause a podcast on a touch when the phone rings? You either unplug it or you have to slide, click, click, click (heaven forbid you're accidentally on another app). I realize the classic is still an option, but there have been rumors that it's going away too (though Gruber shoots them down, for the most part). Vive la click wheel, please.
Other than CDs, you mean. (CDs are digital, natch. Without DRM, even! The bitrate is pretty good too. )
I'm confused too. He brags about tossing wrenches into the Apple stockholders' meeting, but is at this point a bigger homer than Gruber (who, I might add, tends to add reasonable arguments behind his homerism).I'm going to guess that Dilger 1.) Owns a ton of Apple stock and 2.) Is doing hella damage control to keep it up.Dilger needs to come clean in his "reports" with a sig saying how much stock he owns. His writing is getting redonkulous. Unfair personal slam (except...
Please, if you don't have Anandtech's permission (which, admittedly, you might), this is nothing but plagiarism. The amount of reused text and images goes well beyond Fair Use. It's an excellent article. AppleInsiders who want to should go read it, not see it regurgitated here.
Yeah, I was thinking that (and Minis) as well. There have been some windows where there's really not much differentiation between the consumer and pro models, and even if AMD gives procs about the same speed as Intel, the differentiation might help in mindshare. And AMD & Intel should each keep the other more honest. Still, my guess is that this is another vengeance move by Jobs, right? Make us use integrated right after we sell out to NVIDIA in our OS? We'll show...
Yep, I think I've got it; thanks for the primer. I feel more up to speed now. The 320M and 330M, if I follow, have much more similar names than abilities. One's a true integrated (ie, multipurpose) chip. The other is [just] a GPU. I think I got it. And yeah, after reading about an Alienware with a swappable GPU, I've been wishing for one myself. As you say, though, we're lucky enough to have 'books with upgradable RAM and, for some, even hard drives. My upgradeable...
What, as opposed to Intel pulling a tiny processor out of mothballs for the even more niche Air? I think Apple has some clout now. ;^)
So if 320M and 330M are integrated graphics, how does the Intel chip fit in? That is, if you're integrated, you're usually, what, integrated with the memory controller or some such? Do the MacBook Pros dodge the Intel vs. NVIDIA lawsuit by having two of essentially the same thing in the box?
Both over and out of the ear. Ick. I don't get it. For a guy who is as anal about affect as Jobs, he sure dropped the ball on this one. What, did they use film and he didn't bother to wait on the negatives? At least that saves him throwing the camera off-stage when he sees his wacky hermit-look. Yeah, you think some PR person would have taken a Braun to him there. I'm scared.