or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I think he was talking about transgender people, not homosexuals. Not that that makes what he said any better, but let's be accurate.
Sure thing.  I must have imaged that time where the Senate rejected Obama's proposals for enhanced background checks, cross-state information sharing, and bans on assault weapons.  I guess that the Constitution expressly forbids all those things.  And I'm sure if Obama had sent through such a series of proposals, Congress would have worked on a compromise solution, not just rejected it out of hand because of the usual obstructionism.  Because it's always Obama that's the...
^ Seems like he's wagging his finger at Congress's inability to act rather than at all gun owners.  But hey, whatever fits your narrative.
So lower the rate as well?  I never said anything about not lowering the rate.  Or don't, and risk letting the multinationals go, I've never been particularly fond of them, and I'm never convinced by the "mass exodus" claim.  They're still hanging around after decades of threatening to leave. As I understand it, the rates are tolerated because of all sorts of loopholes that mean few big companies pay anything like the baseline rate, and more taxes fall on SMEs.  So sure,...
Why would your daughter see a guy's junk in the bathroom unless he is deliberately exposing himself to her (a crime)? Women's bathrooms do not have urinals.
The intention of the U.S. Corporation tax rules is that all foreign profits that are not used for foreign reinvestment will be "brought back" to the U.S. and subject to tax. That they don't have to be brought back/declared is the loophole. It's a loophole you can drive a truck through, but it is nevertheless a loophole that goes against the spirit and intention of the tax law. The fact that Apple went through a bond sale to finance a stock buyback when they easily had...
Sales tax applies to sales, and is (mostly) applied wherever the sale takes place.  Apple pays sales tax on sales in every country they operate in, where it is levied. Corporation tax applies to corporations, and is (mostly) applied to where the corporation is headquartered.  Apple pays corporation tax on its profits in the USA, but also holds a lot of profit made offshore in holding companies offshore to avoid paying that tax in the USA, despite the fact that they are...
Can't see how this will work unless Apple launches a new podcast format proprietary to iTunes.  Why would anyone use Apple's Podcasts app on iOS if it's inserting ads that can be easily avoided by playing the same podcasts using another app?  Even non-nerds can figure that dodge out pretty easily.   Probably just a defensive patent.  The concept makes more sense in connection with a DRM protected streaming music or video service.
^ How does this app not easily let you do what you need to do?  There is nothing unclean about pastel colours, and from what I can tell, the "superfluous" colours and shapes are filling otherwise dead space.   For a truly unclean, unclear UI with superfluous colours and shapes...  
Man and woman in an advert, are they a couple, sex-buddies, just good friends, siblings, work colleagues? Meh, who cares.