or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I'm not sure we've been made aware of those provable facts, except Apple's vaporous claim of "being better than anyone else" and the 93% claim, which is a pretty poor SLA by any corporate measure.
  I think that either needs a /s or a bunny-rabbit-ears "surprised" emphasis.   I'm not at all surprised.
Dunno, if you're doing a corporate expose and the corporation in question insists that they smell of roses is it really obligatory for the exposer to give the corporation that soapbox?  It's not as if Apple are without a voice, they have the world's press handing on their every word - hell the BBC even published their rebuttal, gummy-toothed though it was. I don't think the imbalance argument holds much water if the BBC has actual physical evidence of wrongdoing on the floor.
If you haven't seen an advert for the Yoga then you must have had your eyes closed for the past 2 years.  They've been everywhere.  I don't even watch TV at home and I've seen enough of them to know exactly how they go. I have no idea what stores you frequent, so couldn't possibly comment on that.
 I get the feeling that the real considered threat is the iPad, but the MacBook Air is an easier target, and the iPad and Apple in general is a convenient collateral damage. To speak up a bit for the Surface, it's screen wipes the floor with my MacBook Air.  Really nice.  Not much else I can say that favours the Surface over the MBA, but the screen is definitely a plus.
So parking things indefinitely should be allowed?  I don't agree with that either. I think (and I know this isn't the law, but that doesn't prevent me from thinking it should be) that patents should only be awarded with an intent to use them, either actively in products, or through licensing, or at the very, very least, a commitment to doing one or the other in a reasonable time period.  If that time period lapses (and that should be set far shorter than the usual term of...
From reading the original post I don't think he does that at all.  In fact he very deliberately doesn't call him stupid, using "no" and "but" to back away from that judgement. Not that anyone would blame him.
Emails aren't in the same app as SMS and iMessages.  If Apple didn't intend for the users to expect a certain amount of parity between SMS and iMessages and how they behave then they shouldn't have linked them so closely.
This thread is thoroughly depressing.  The usual suspects spreading the sadly unsurprising cynicism and purveyance of human misery.  Government is so ideologically evil that we'd rather see our fellow man starve and wither than support it.  Hideous, impractical and morally bankrupt thoughts 
-100, would make Apple look petty and vindictive.