or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I have no idea.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  They're keeping the software under the Beats brand, and it would seem rather wasteful to just throw the hardware brand value away.  But what does that have to do with the EU Commission being mentally defective?
Of course I know what was written and what it means, you said that there were mental defectives within the EU (I don't deny that, the UK put some of them there) in direct relation to a decision on anti-competitive evaluation.  Since the decision went Apple's favour, and I don't think for a second you'd consider that mentally defective, the implication has to be that the very existence of an evaluation means that there are mental defectives.  Which is what I responded with....
Unless they want to do business in the EU, which Apple and Beats certainly do because it's a huge market. "Just stop selling there" Yeah, that's realistic.  Thank heavens Apple isn't so ridiculously dogmatic or they wouldn't be selling anywhere.
  In their European operations, sure they do.
Policing anti-competitive behaviour is the mark of a mental defective now?
We don't have debtors prisons any more you know. Well anyway, if everything you've said is true, that doesn't sound like a situation that's particularly sustainable, irrespective of whether cell phones are locked or unlocked.  I don't really think many people are going to exploit the system and then declare bankruptcy for the sake of a phone, but maybe there's a cultural divide that I can't appreciate.  More robust credit checks are definitely something that your...
 But they agree to it, and it's legally enforceable right?  It's a contract, right?  I'm genuinely not at all understanding what you're saying.  You can't possibly be right in saying that carriers have no ability to get people to pay what they agreed?  People can just walk away and there's no legal recourse?  If that's the case then what's the big deal with locking phones anyway, why don't people just switch them off, stop paying, and get another one whenever they feel...
Obviously.
Cripes, this is good news and you guys are still making snarky political jibes.  Really hostile atmosphere around here.   Apple didn't need the EU to approve the merger for it to happen, but they did need the EU to approve it if they wanted to do business in the EU, which, like it or not, pretty much equates to the same thing in any rational world; the EU being a huge market.
Not that it's particularly relevant, but "free when you buy a >$500 computer" is not really free.