or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Tax changes are extremely unlikely to be backdated in any country of consequence, so whether your U.S. corporate tax holiday happens or doesn't happen won't make a jot of difference.
^ well since all of Apple's diversity programme so far has been an internal affair then he's barking up the wrong tree.
^ profit shifting is a difficult avoidance to address, but transparency, with country-by-country reporting is a good start. General anti-avoidance rules are nice and fluffy but difficult to pass muster and problematic to implement/enforce. Unitary taxation will also help in the corporation's home country, but there isn't really an analogue for the foreign operations. Sales tax is the obvious solution, but it's a crude and non-progressive tool. This stuff is complicated,...
It's great how many people there are here who are experts on Australian tax policy and how to avoid loopholes. Who knew it was so easy? You guys could make a lot of money seeking your services to governments around the world.
Forced? By their management? Yes, management should have the power to "force", i.e. "manage", the businesses that they are in charge of however they see fit.
Isn't available from here either... https://support.apple.com/downloads/   Though weirdly there are a couple of versions of Boot Camp (5.1.5x) up there that are newer than the version I have installed (5.1.4).  Boot Camp does get updated via the App Store, right?
Has this arrived for everyone?  I'm still on 5.1.4, with no updates in the Mac App Store, on a 2014 MacBook Air.  Maybe it's rolling out very slowly across regions?   Only other thing I can think of that might make the difference is I'm on the public beta for new Yosemite patches.
How is it a head start if they started after?
Guess + (Assumption * Oversimplification) = airtight conclusion about what Apple should do.
^ I wasn't responding to you.