or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Glide would be a decent name for a mouse.  And Vertex has a nice ring to it, could be the name for a drawing tool, like a stylus.  Not sure about any of the others.
"Crippled it"?  I'm not talking about making permanent changes to the HoloLens, just that it could have a VR mode where it fills the entire display with opaque image of whatever the VR software is, the simulation or game or whatever.  I'm not sure what has been crippled. I really have no idea about what you're talking about with "areas that were designed with AR in mind" with relevance to VR.  AR and VR serve completely different purposes, and VR would not normally be...
^ "Semantic nature"?  What does that mean?   Why would VR need a forward facing camera, or any cameras at all?
^ Presumably if HoloLens can overlay content onto the real world, it could overlay the entire screen, blocking out the real world, and have effective VR?
Wouldn't a "good" police force be one that is accountable and doesn't prejudicially target and literally attack and kill particular demographics? Seems to me that it is the liberals and Obama voters that are pushing for a "better" police force.  That's not what you do to an enemy.
 Yep.  When you say "literally no one", that actually means "literally no one".  A single example proves you very much "wrong". Try toning down the extreme absolutism and you might be right more often.
I've read your two links, and while there are significant carrots and significant sticks in play, I'm still not seeing much evidence of force. Were the companies in question legislatively obliged to merge, or were they given big encouragements to do so? Offering my kid a cookie to clean his room isn't an act of force. Telling him no TV until he cleans his room isn't force either.
SpamSandwich makes an unrelated anti-government comment... drink!
 They're not Nazis, their uniforms aren't nearly as good... 
^ Who said it was obvious?  Obviously a problem when it's laid out on the table perhaps, but had you even heard of Apple's tax residency situation in Ireland before this time last year?  Who else had?  How do you know that any regulatory agency in the EU had clocked it either?     Questionable tax practices trade in secrecy and obfuscation to get their return, it is the way of things.  The duration doesn't mean anything.