or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Forgive my ignorance, but what setting are you referring to here?
Knowing that the person who stole my iPhone can't use it is of little comfort to my empty pocket.  I don't think the knowledge that stealing iPhones might be pointless has filtered through to the frontline criminal fraternity yet.
So my Apple example is incorrect?  Tim Cook lied to Congress?
 You think I didn't read it in context the first time?  I took your point to be that that you doubt Apple will clarify an ambiguous piece of text they published on their own website. Not that?  Explain what your point is more clearly then, because from where I'm sitting that's the most obvious interpretation of your words. Or don't, be unhelpful, I care not.
 I'm sure there are companies that could employ offshore schemes to reduce their tax burden and haven't.  Hell, Tim Cook has made a point of saying that Apple pays its full allotment of US tax for its US operations, and the numbers bear that out.  I bet they could shift some of that offshore if they wanted, but they don't, because of negative PR.
Saddening.  Big corporations spirit profits away to phantom holding companies, while developed countries suffer from lack of government revenues and get turned to increasingly right-wing politics as a result.  The neo-con destruction of the state is happening everywhere, and the burdens on the people increases every day.  And they applaud.
Find My iPhone is a good precaution against a thief getting access to your data, but since it's quite easy to block as a phone bricking service (just turn the phone off or enter Airplane mode, then wipe it before connecting to the internet) and also since lots of people don't use Find My iPhone, or password protection, it's not really much of a disincentive for a thief to steal the phone in the first place.
But Kindles do appear to be included under Android in Gartner's numbers - compare table two to table one.  Assuming the 9.4m Amazon sales in table two are included somewhere in table one, they can only be counted under Android or iOS, and they certainly aren't iOS.   If that's true, then the Android numbers aren't just Google activations.
Maybe you should rephrase then, instead of being passive aggressive?   Misunderstandings happen.
 Apple don't make an app for SXSW.  This is an app for iTunes Festival, which is going on at SXSW.