or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Will Apple be removing the app from people's phones as well?  That could annoy a whole new wave of people.
Did you even read your link?So, as I and many others have said, what you were demanding Marco do was not an avenue open to him.  There is no channel at Apple to request a global refund.  Even if Marco was truly sorry (he is), he cannot change Apple's policy on App Store refunds, any more than he can refund customers directly.  He does not have the data, he does not have the channels, he cannot do that.    Apple have now set a precedent and may open up a global refund...
Grow up.  In one (aka many) thread you preach absurd free market dogma, in another you preach emotion driven revenge.  Nonsense.  Marco changed his mind, no one got hurt, deal with it. I bought Instapaper (still use), subscribed to The Magazine (now defunct), use and bought the app and add ons for Overcast (probably the best podcast app in my estimation), and actually regret that I didn't get to buy Peace before it got pulled.  Ardent is a developer to watch, he always...
Pretty bad form to bring Arment's wife and child into the conversation.
 Really?   What a goddamn waste of everyone's time.
IOS10 is a year away, and Marco has form for making apps that are resilient to iOS changes, since he develops for the most recent SDK. He can't guarantee it, for sure, but $3 for decent service is not a raw deal.  If you're worried that it might be, take the refund.
 It's the nature of the free market certainly.  And it doesn't always lead to the promotion of "real, valuable content".
Content and app code are different things.  Peace uses Ghostery as its content back end, and Ghostery will continue to update.
Was there some douchebag from outside the industry predicting that "the good ones" would find a way to adapt at times of disruption?
Who is screwed?  The app works, and works well.  Your speculation about bugs could take years to manifest.  I have apps that haven't been updated for several years, and some that have been pulled from the iTunes Store.  While the interface may be stuck in pre-iOS7 design, they work fine. You have no idea if the bulk refund option is even available to Marco.   And moreover, why should Marco be so SORRY for what he did?  He made a good app, by most accounts.  He isn't...