or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Really doesn't answer my question, no matter how much you roll your eyes. Like it or not, that is how Code2040 operates, and no one is going to bring suit against them. Just ain't going to happen bucko.
Who is going to make this "good legal case" against a charity that works to improve the life chances of underprivileged kids? That's a brave lawyer who's going to open themselves up to that kind of fire when there's next to no money to made from it.
And according to Apple's diversity policy, for these particular internships, black and Latino people are the best for the job. Filling a position is about more than being a code or design whizz, it means meeting a number of criteria dictated by policy.And since Code2040 is the source, these kids definitely won't be incompetent, which was the implication I was responding to. "Incompetent", not "not the best", specifically "incompetent".
"the best black and Latino computer science students in the U.S." They won't be incompetent.  Unless you're assuming that all black and Latino people are incompetent.
 Nor do recruitment agents.  And setting up a job fairs, or visiting universities is an investment too.  Apple really don't lose here, they get access to skilled students, they put very little skin in the game, as it's just 10 people for 3 months on low pay, they make the right publicity moves for encouraging diversity, and they build a relationship with a charitable organisation (always good for PR) that ensures they can do the same year after year if they want, with no...
  Looks to me that Apple just found themselves a shortcut to a pool of the most qualified students.  Hiring can be a pain in the ass, if Code2040 can help Apple out with some low cost, low commitment interns, all the better for Apple.  That they're black and latino, well that's pretty good for diversity as well, but you can consider that a secondary benefit.
WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH   So predictable.
Inconsequential, probably. Invalid, here, on the Internet? No more than yours buddy.Mature response btw.
Freedom to be slimy.  Hold on to that.
Wow, those people, what a parade of assholes Actually, scrap all previous objections, I'm wholly in favour of such an obvious declaration of moronhood. Makes it very clear that these are people I do not want to know.