or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Pretty sure that never happened, hence my earlier "/s"Could you provide a link to back up that claim?
Amazing.
"That post that you didn't see" except that you certainly did see it, because you quoted my response to it, initially saying that I was the one who didn't understand the word.Why would the OP make a monop-Sony joke if they didnt understand Greek (or hadn't taken a basic business economics course)? If that was the case then they surely wouldn't be aware of the word?You talk about whooshing over someone's head but I think you've entirely missed the point of why I was...
I kind of agree about iMessage (and BBM as it was a few years ago). The age of proprietary communication protocols tied to specific hardware vendors or operating systems has mostly been relegated to the dust, and just needs a final kick to put it completely down for the good of all. Same for FaceTime too, why isn't that on other operating systems, especially since it was released as an open standard /s. Netflix though, Netflix is an independent and platform agnostic...
Land of the free.
As some may recall from a recent thread, I don't watch broadcast TV, so don't have to tolerate TV ads. In those instances where I'm watching a streaming service that uses ads, sure I'll watch them. I may not pay much attention, but it's the ad company's imperative to get my attention, not mine to give it.
That's a great suggestion, thanks!Is there any way of including the carriage return in the iOS keyboard shortcuts?
Bit rude to describe something as silly before asking why, but ok.I don't install extensions because broadly speaking and in my experience they slow down the browser and interfere with web browsing in ways that are sometimes unpredictable. I also don't necessarily trust extensions the way I trust my browser. Lots of personal and financial details pass through my browser, so having extensions which may be able to intercept that makes me uneasy. I prefer to not take that...
I prefer the way Chrome works, Firefox just seems like old hat now.  Resource usage isn't my priority, I'd just like something that doesn't eat memory by the gigabyte, which is what Safari often seems to do on my machine.
No idea, but Safari with some frequency takes up multiple gigs of memory, and I only have 8GB on my MBA, so it's quite a hit.  I do often have lots of browser windows open, with video and other rich media in them, but even so, Chrome seems to deal with that same situation a lot better than Safari does.  As I say, may well be to do with my set up and use cases, but Chrome's performance seems to suit me better. I also don't have either ClickToFlash or AdBlock on either, as I...