or Connect

Posts by Crowley

3D and I'd probably switch to Windows Phone. Go boil your head with that rubbish.
For RAM? I think you vastly overestimate the important of specs to the majority of Apples iPhone customers.Hell, I imagine the rose gold colouring wiLL have more of a sales impact than the RAM. And I doubt that'll have much effect.Bar any big new features, I imagine the trade up for the 6S to be proportionally roughly the same as for previous #S versions.EDIT: oh wait, you mean switchers from Android? Same thing applies. The proportion of spec jockeys on any mainstream...
I'm not sure those security concerns would apply to DailyMotion. It's a video sharing site.
A word of advice TS, don't stampede into other people's conversations with a loose grasp of facts and no grasp of context. Well, no actually.  But the word is democratic, not democracy.  They mean different things.  Besides which, the point was that just the other day someone on a rant was complaining how the EU was unelected and undemocratic (which I disproved).  And today the EU is democracy gone mad (it isn't).  Seems like talking about the EU turns people into rabid...
  They're definitely good.  Quite possibly the best overall.  But the "BEST" in "any category"?  No way.
You really cherry picked your way around that response didn't you?  How about the bit in the middle?  That's the sham, the working around the spirit and intention of the deal.  Whether Ireland was allowed to give the tax break (aka "state aid", as alleged) is a matter between Ireland and the EU, albeit with Apple as a potentially illegal beneficiary.
^ I think force may be a strong word, but the EU, and/or EU states have certainly strongly encouraged some mergers, and used what political leverage they have to push them.  Dailymotion and Orange was one I was reading about recently, which was a merger encouraged for protectionist (or local interest, depending on which way you see it) reasons within France.
^ Getting lithium out of its raw states can be a pretty environmentally unfriendly process, mainly (with the brine process) in the amount of water it consumes and rarely puts back into the ecosystem.  But that can be remedied with good management, and once the lithium is out it's very recyclable.  Seeing obstacles and insta-decrying the proposition is lacking imagination.  
^ Ireland made a tax deal that it wasn't really allowed to make in order to encourage manufacturing jobs into the country, which Apple then leveraged to bleed into Ireland intellectual property revenues that should logically have gone to the USA, and corporation tax that should have gone to local Apple subsidiaries across Europe and other parts of the world.  From that they were able to pay almost no tax on a large part of their worldwide operations.  Of course that's a...
What opinion have you expressed that I have not responded to?  You think that companies should re-invest more of their accumulated capital as a rule.  I broadly agree, certainly in preference to money hoarding, but I think that returning capital to shareholders may also be worthwhile because shareholders are consumers, and pension funds, and endowed charities, and other institutions that are also likely (not universally, that's what context is for) to use money that is...