or Connect

Posts by Crowley

All this strife caused over such a terrible joke.  A joke so terrible, pointless, and badly told, that it needed to be explained not once, but twice.
You're missing the step where there's a vote or any legitimate political pressure to effect that change.  The way you're phrasing it now just sounds like the rich folks have more influence over the politicians because they are rich.   If there's a vote, and/or political accountability to the public then that's fine.  If it's just the rich throwing their weight and money around, that's not.
 I'm struggling to see how your first two sentences are backed up by the following ones, and how this relates back to your original statement. How is it democratic for "those with the money (power)" to "control... decisions now that they've brought to the neighborhood CHANGE"? It might be a good thing (you seem to think so), it might not (I'd tend towards this direction, though obviously it can vary), but granting lots of influence to people purely because of their wealth...
Nope, you try again.  I've not mentioned anyone being offended by being greeted with "Happy Christmas".  Not once.  I've been very explicit about the fact that I wasn't talking about any offense, I was talking about inclusiveness.  That you still don't understand the opposing argument after Vishnu knows how many pages is a continual reminder of the fact that you aren't interested in the debate, just in getting a rise.  Mark of a troll.
 I'm happy with that range too, I was being broad because we've got people from different countries talking here, who may have different understandings.  Great, if those people in those countries want to wish me Happy Ramadan (or y'know, whatever they actually say) I'll take it as a positive thing.  But nevertheless, I'm as white as they come, don't look at all like a muslim and I don't observe Ramadan, so it's a bit weird.  If Ramadan happens to be a national holiday...
Who in the world doesn't want to have a good morning?  Bizarre line of argument, and further evidence of your trollish idiocy.
I guess since you seem to be full of those sorts of ideas then that claim should carry some weight.
 Yeah, yeah.  If you meant something different, you expressed it terribly, the fault is most definitely not mine.  Except of course, you didn't mean something different.
 For the love of Dog, get over it.  No one has suggested renaming Christmas.
 "Have yourself a Merry Christmas" How can a person do that when they don't celebrate Christmas? You are giving the "gift" of a Merry Christmas to someone who does not observe that holiday.   I don't think it's particularly imperative or offensive, but it's a bit weird. Likewise I'd feel a bit confused if someone said to me "Have a happy Ramadan"