or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Maybe you should do some reading before you dismiss other people's achievements that dwarf your own   Here's somewhere to start: http://pc-history.org/altair.htm   Apple don't design in a vacuum, they stand on the shoulders of giants, as we all do.
The Altair that defined standards, ignited a wave of creativity, and inspired a lot of followers, including the Apple][? You do pick some odd examples to prove your points.
Losers pay costs has only a passing relationship to frivolous lawsuits.  You can lose a suit that is not frivolous. Stopping frivolous lawsuits at the cost of putting up major barriers between the unwealthy and the justice system is one measley step forward and ten hearty strides backwards.  You're killing a slug with a sledgehammer and ruining your decking in the process.  Nice one.  Real good planning.  That's not what we were talking about at all.  You were so wrong,...
Oh right, fair enough, I misread the intent of your post.  Apologies.
Oh right, fair enough. Not quite as flexible as Android, but that's probably a good thing for battery and consistent UI.
I'm just wondering what the concern is.  It sounded like you were worried about the Chinese government getting their hands on your data, but I don't see how that's at all likely unless you're storing your data on Chinese services. The point I was alluding to was that I don't think there's any foreseeable threat of the Chinese government being able to demand that an American company give up data on American citizens.  Or maybe they'll demand it, but there's no legal...
 I never claimed you did.  I challenged you because you said this:  Which presumes that they will win.  My point is that the person in the right does not always win, for many reasons, which makes the loser pays costs model a horrible idea.    Sure.  If you'd been paying attention you might have noticed what I said when you originally replied to me:  But the solution to something being unbalanced isn't to make it more unbalanced.   What are you jabbering about here?  You...
Justice is the poor person suing being saddled with a mountain of debt because Tex Richman's army of lawyers were able to overwhelm the case that the legal aid lawyer could bring?   No.   Just read the paper in the morning; if there isn't a miscarriage of justice somewhere in there it'll be an unusual day.   A requirement for the loser to pays cost would be an abomination.  If the judge has discretion on ordering the loser to pay or contribute to costs, that might be...
A justifiable lawsuit always wins?  You think that?  You think you can totally 100% rely upon that? If filing a lawsuit carries a huge financial risk (especially if a poor person is suing a rich person, who will employ expensive lawyers thereby making their costs immense, and increasing the likelihood of the poor person losing), then you have a massive disincentive to sue.  If only rich people can afford to take the risk of suing then you have an unbalanced legal...
No, the executives.