or Connect

Posts by Crowley

If it did, that could solve a lot of the security problems; make iOS and Mac devices provide AppleID credentials (linked to a credit card for identity verification) to get access to the free Wi-Fi that is provided by guest Apple Airport routers (potentially auth could also use the iCloud control panel on Windows). Could also limit access on the router by applying bandwidth and data caps, with parental filters and blocking websites that figure lowly in Trust tests, or are...
Normally when people fish it's to catch the fish and eat it.  In this case you caught the fish but it ate you and spat your false statements back out. Well done for catching the fish.
My point is where is your evidence that rational thought and conclusions always win the war?   Large parts of the world are on fire, fundamentalist religion has as big a grip as ever, hatred, inequality, misery and cruelty are rife throughout, and Android is winning*.   Where is rationality winning?     * this bit is sarcastic
Every term except the term I hope.  i.e. for the first 2 years (or whatever) you're committed to the contract, but after that it becomes a rolling contract with a month notice period.  So there's no significant lock in, and therefore no slippery slope.
I don't think there's any particular evidence for that.  Turn on the news.
I think mine was perfectly meaningful, but fine, have it your way - people are prevented from driving more cars than other people by the laws of physics.  You cannot physically drive more than one car at once. How on earth you think that is more meaningful or proves your point I have no idea.  You must mean something else, but you'll have to spell it out I'm afraid.
I was talking generally, not specifically about the iPhone.  Though even then, the iPhone should be held to a reasonable durability standard for sale.  I think it's a pretty foregone conclusion that it would meet any reasonable standard, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be held to a standard, irrespective of how many review sites are out there.  The reviews and the discussion boards are part of the arbitration of what a reasonable standard is. In the hypothetical: the...
Not a word of sasrcasm. Recalibrate your sensors. Screw 'em?  The world?  That's the rational approach?  I will not pretend anything, nor will I surreptitiously use hidden text to put words in someone's mouth."something best for you" is subjective.  It can be safely assumed that the people buying Beats over aurally superior price comparable headphones aren't highly motivated by the sound.  So what is best for them?  The respect and admiration of their peers probably...
Just because it contradicts your view doesn't mean the analogy doesn't work.     But broadly, I agree; car analogies rarely work.  Analogies in general aren't great for any close inspection.
Sure, as long it is offered at or above the minimum acceptable offering, in line with reasonable consumer expectations.   Consumers can't be expected to be omniscient about the quality of a product that they haven't bought.