or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Yeah, it was almost a one man show. Loled when he made the "endurance test" crack.
5% of the OS that has ~90% overall share is still a sizeable portion, comparable to all the Macs that run Mavericks.
Tbh I think they should just make the Spotlight app the default window when you click Finder.
Time Machine used to be in the dock, to my knowledge it still can be, and I think it still should be by default. If you click it in the menu bar iirc you get a menu, and from there you can open an app window. If you click it in the sock you go straight to the app window. That's the conceptual difference - menu bar goes to menu, or a little bit of widget-ish small UI in a pop up in the top right corner; dock goes to app window.I'm not going to dispute what the package is,...
What kind of weirdo neighbourhood do you live in where that would be a likely concern?
I don't really agree that Spotlight is an app, it's a function that you dip quickly into and then close straight away when you're done. It's more widget-like than app-like. Even if you were right, if Spotlight is an app proper then it should be in the dock, not the menu bar. Menu bar items by and large open up menus where you click them.Notification Centre opens a panel on the right, close to where you click.
Moving the Spotlight window seems really strange to me. The click area with the magnifying glass is still top right, right? So they've made the window pop up in a completely different place to where you click, which seems like bad UI to me. I realise you can keyboard launch and browse Spotlight too, but I don't really see that as an excuse, there's no new functionality in Spotlight that demands it be in the centre of the screen. To be clear, the improved Spotlight seems...
No need to set a password, use an ad-hoc PIN that comes up on your TV screen.
I was talking about the choice of example in the iBook rather than the syntax, but thanks.
I like Swift already.