or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I hope iOS8 allows some opening up of TouchID to third party apps. Would be great to unlock 1Password with TouchID, or put an extra authentication on my work email.
Sorry, are you implying that people only have desire for Apple products? Because that's the logical end point of those two sentences. You think people don't want Ferraris? Apple store openings are a cultural phenomenon I really don't understand. I have plenty of desire for the products, but that's a quite different thing from queuing for a store opening.
He didn't say that, nor was it implied. Cases of IP infringement are stopped/remedied by authorities, not by rants or sarcasm on the AppleInsider forum.
Apart from the weight, thickness, length, material, the entire back plate, antenna, headphone position, speaker grille, sync/charge connector, and probably more besides. Yeah, you're right, they're all minor right?  Major would be... what?  Making the phone spherical?
People don't pay the cost of the smartphone off as part of their monthly bill?  I think you misread what you quoted. That's not what he was talking about, he said the monthly bill was higher if the cost of the phone was higher, which it noticeably is with the iPhone.
Sorry, I probably worded it clumsily. The G1, and a few other early Android phones had slide out keyboards, but the Android prototypes had fixed keyboards like BlackBerrys.  And the keyboards didn't last long, manufacturers dropped them to copy Apple's approach of a touch screen and software keyboard. Re. being an Apple competitor, I'm talking about the market they were targetting.  BlackBerry were on top of the enterprise, with some minor encroachment on the consumer...
Not sure that Android copied the GUI all that much.  Samsung certainly copied a bit/lot in some versions of TouchWiz, but Android proper looks quite different to iOS, and the things that are similar are things that also look similar to PalmOS and other mobile GUIs that predate both iOS and Android.  What Android "copied" was more conceptual, in its focusing on the large screen touch paradigm (whereas previous protoypes all had keyboards) and competing directly with iOS in...
If you're including WAP in "internet-enabled phones" then that's probably true.  How widely used was that though?  I know I had a couple of feature phones where I never touched the internet connectivity because it was so slow and difficult to use with a little keypad.  Maybe others used it more, but it never seemed widespread to me, the only times I remember seeing it used was to check the odd sports score. Whereas I imagine proportion of people that have an iPhone or iPad...
Aesthetic quality over treating people with respect and as equals. Sorry, aesthetics loses. I find it absurd that you'd consider otherwise. Plus, clumsiness is not essential to political correctness anyway, that's a total fallacy.Hang on, you think it's be better if I said "I don't like sexism" compared to "I think sexism is wrong"? I consider that to be nuts and if that's your stance then I consider every criticism I've made to be doubly justified. Also, I have no idea...
Hypocrisy hogwash, I never claimed that meanings can't change. Indeed, it's crucial to my point. At one time "he" may have been acceptable as the default because society deemed the male to be the default. That isn't the case any more, as your dictionary definitions illustrated "in modern use, chiefly replaced..." You accuse me of moving the goalposts yet you keep throwing in these bizarre new angles of attack that make no sense. I'm a sexist because I think the real...