or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I don't think it's hypocritical.  Tim speaking out has an impact on Indiana.  Tim speaking out is not going to have any impact in Saudi Arabia.  Only bad things could come from that choice.  Tim knows that, and that's why he doesn't speak out, it's not hypocritical to pick the battles you can win.
Please stop with the ALL CAPS.  They're irritating, and aren't helping with your point.  As I said, they make you come across like an enraged psychopath. Anyway, you presume scrolling.  I anticipate doing minimal scrolling with a smartwatch.  Single screen, no scrolling notifications can make use of that space with properly formatted text. I think you underestimate this bit.  The device is called a watch.  The watch is going to be a substantial part of it's function....
 There is no legally enshrined "fiduciary responsibility to shareholders" that would prevent Tim from saying anything like that.
^ Apple engineers speaking highly of Apple products is hardly a shocker.
The "non-rectangular parts of a round watch face"?   Ok, I know what you mean, but are you kidding me?  You can't think of any? Well for a start, you can fit more text in the horizontal strip along the centre, a few fair more characters.You can have left/right and up/down buttons that sacrifice comparatively little of the screen face (compared to a rectangular face)You can show more of the horizontal and vertical parts of an image, particularly useful for faces for...
99% of people don't call it anything.  They don't care.  The rest call it Modern UI.  Because that's its name.
How can you even move? 
Newsflash: Idiot doesn't know what they're talking about.
 Sure, if you define the readable area to be rectangular, which there is no obvious justification for.  If you're making a round watch, you design your software to it, you don't design for a rectangular watch.  There are lots of things you can do with the space outside of your crudely drawn border.  Also... "MONSTEROUSLY"  Holy hyperbole Batman, someone needs to calm down.  ALL CAPS really make you read like a psychopath.
They don't work horribly.  Some gestures aren't great, but Modern UI apps are perfectly functional.  And they work great on tablets, so the hatred is unlikely to be universal.  Modern UI apps are still in Windows 10, they've only backtracked on pushing the launcher to the forefront as the default on desktops, which is far from extreme. And it's Modern UI, not Metro.  Has been for a while.