or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Apple US is selling bonds to fund the stock buyback.  The debt is in the USA, and they cannot pay it back using money held overseas.  This is a way of unlocking access to equity in the US in the form of debt without repatriating foreign profit, because repatriating that would incur corporation tax on Apple US.  Sneaky, or smart, you can lean either way.
A graph!  I'm convinced!  Graphs only ever tell truths!
All the ones that work by touching the screen?  they'll work on my TV that doesn't have touch sensitivity? Good luck with that.
^ I donate to lots of charities; I try to keep it at least 20% of my regular monthly outgoings, not including spur of the moment donations.  I could always give more, it is true, but is that really your point?  Pretty facile.  We're talking about Apple here.
The Wii sold off the back of Wii Sports.  If Apple have something innovative that captures the imagination like that then they may have a shot.  But I doubt it, there's no reason to think that'll happen, especially since they have no in-house game development or expertise in how to do that kind of thing. Look at the game in the article picture.  That's the best they got?  Who is going to care about ugly racing games on their big TV?
 If you gain those tax deductions by gaming the system through international holding companies to income shift huge amounts of money away from the revenue service, then yes, I'd say that's pretty shameful.   Accepting deductions that are part of government endorsed savings and investment schemes is hardly the same thing as operating in a vacuum where government policy and the international financial system meet and fail to gel into fair practice. And I don't qualify for...
That's true, but few people bought the iPhone for the gaming, and I think only hardcore gamers care about gaming in the lounge, irrespective of the graphics.  My mum plays games on her iPhone because they're free and easy to find and she plays with her phone when she's got nothing else to do.  Would she play games on her sofa instead of watching Downton Abbey?  I very much doubt it.   Sony and Microsoft have the hardcore gamers tied up in the lounge, and an Apple puck...
Bit of a weird graph as I never played a game that looked better on the X360 than the PS3.   Also, I'm not convinced that casual gaming in the living room is that much of an opportunity.  Maybe the odd party game, but the existing consoles are so far ahead of where the Ax processors are, as well as being entrenched and with the mature development community.  Just don't see Apple's angle there.   Not slamming the tv, as I like the tv a lot.
What affirmative action legislation applies to Apple in the U.S.?I'm not sure what "annoying as all get out" is supposed to mean, but thanks for the useful tip on wiping things that I already said I don't see. Alternatively, maybe you should try reading and understanding what I said more closely.
Hey, I just found this sweet legal loophole that enables me to make money hand over fist while my neighbour works his ass off and pays way more tax than I do. I guess I could put my resources in play by helping fix the breaks in the system, but where's the fun in that when I could exploit it for personal gain? I'm doing nothing wrong! Also I'm unfaithful towards my girlfriend, I'm a terrible father, a drunk, and I cheat at Words With Friends, but if it ain't illegal,...