or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Surely I must have? What a bizarre stance. My TV isn't even hooked up to an aerial or cable, so there's no surely at all. I haven't.Why weaselling? Do you pay for things that you don't have to? Does Apple get a monthly donation from you just for being Apple? I can't words of support for an organisation without being a subscribed customer/benefit? Besides which, I have bought BBC content through iTunes.I suggest that it is you doing the weaselling. Trying to find fault...
Poppycock.  "Most" of the British public do not think the BBC looks extreme.  Not even slightly.  You're delusional or trolling or both.   The BBC is rather unique in that the right accuses it of being too lefty, and the left accuses it of being so devoted to putting all opinions across that it gives fringe right views too much airtime.  It is not massively biased one way or the other, the odd show here or there that expresses an opinion is countered by other later on...
I don't think they do place working hour limits.  They say that they are against mandatory overtime, though from what I've read in these summations (haven't seen the show yet) it seems like there is some overtime which is being pushed onto workers as mandatory by Pegatron.
I'm talking about people, which isn't confined to government representatives.
Alternatively, people who lived in a glass house in the past and have been cooperative with the laws about glass houses are quite well positioned to advise other glass house dwellers about how to clean their glass. I mean seriously, you expect the BBC an international news organisation to stop investigative reporting because it had a scandal of its own?  A scandal that it also investigated and exposed itself, and has been contrite and cooperative with authorities in...
If that TV ever worked?  How do you figure?  The TV hardware has nothing to do with it, the rule is you need a TV license if you watch live broadcast television.  No other rules.  Why should I pay for something when the licensing rules says that I don't have to? http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology--devices-and-online-top8 And I use the TV for AppleTV, and occasionally PlayStation.
It is not correct.  Every household that watches live TV broadcasts has to have a TV license, which mostly (but not entirely) goes towards the BBC, which produces radio, TV, and one of the most trafficked websites in the world. Even if I were a cheat, I wouldn't be a tax cheat.  Not paying the license is a crime, but it has nothing to do with tax.  The clue is in the name, it's a license. I also have a TV, I just don't use it to receive live broadcasts.  If I did, I'd be...
The big government versus small government argument has next to nothing to do with the surveillance state and secrecy agencies.  People on both sides of the political aisle are critical of the NSA, GCHQ and their like.
Tim Cook should spend his own money on fixing iOS, instead of helping out with civil liberties of a still-targetted minority?  Useless liberal frippery? I wish you'd spend some time on making the world a nicer place, rather than wasting it on this constant hateful dirge.
 Depends on the conservative cause.  Some conservative causes are reasonable, some are at the tip end of lunatic, divisive, hate-mongering.  Tim is giving to cause promoting tolerance, respect and equal rights.  Anyone against that can get as red in the face as they want, but they're on the wrong end of the way things are heading.