or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Yeah, yeah.  If you meant something different, you expressed it terribly, the fault is most definitely not mine.  Except of course, you didn't mean something different.
 For the love of Dog, get over it.  No one has suggested renaming Christmas.
 "Have yourself a Merry Christmas" How can a person do that when they don't celebrate Christmas? You are giving the "gift" of a Merry Christmas to someone who does not observe that holiday.   I don't think it's particularly imperative or offensive, but it's a bit weird. Likewise I'd feel a bit confused if someone said to me "Have a happy Ramadan"
What you "regard... as privacy (sic)" isn't the same thing as what the law defines as copyright infringement.   Copying a music or movie file and giving it to a friend when the license for that file does not allow you to do that is copyright infringement, which is commonly equated to "theft, plain and simple".  Doesn't matter if you call it mass copying or not.
It's ok, once they fall back on the imbecilic "read it again" argument you know they've run out of any of whatever trolls use for ammo.
I don't disapprove of it.  I think it's a less appropriate means of addressing someone of unknown faith than "happy holidays", but it's still a relatively nice thing to say to someone. I not only tolerate it, I approve of it.  I just approve of the alternative a bit more, and I don't think it's bland or meaningless - it includes Christmas, Hannukah, Solstice,, New Year and more besides!  And if it's a platitude then so is "Merry Christmas", so you can stick that one up...
 Maybe, it's possible.  And you'll probably still refer to them as "the twins" in casual conversation.  And if you want one, but you aren't sure which one, you might say "one of the twins".  Because it's a collective, general term, which is precisely the point. And no, we shouldn't rename the holidays to generic names, no one is suggesting that.  No one is suggesting in any way downgrading or reducing Christmas, or any other holiday.  But when you need to refer to the...
Since I haven't given you any indication of my taste at any point before... shut up troll.
Sheesh, we're onto "I know you are but what am I" now?     Where's a billy goat gruff when you need one?