or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I didn't say there was, but the article is clearly setting up a rivalry for who copied who with the different posited ads and the history of the iPod.  There's no real need for that argument, Nokia are allowed to be colourful and to use it in their advertising without it descending into a VS spitting match.
Nokia have been doing colour on their smartphones well for a number of years now and Windows Phone uses colour from a system perspective a lot more coherently than iOS.  There's no scope for "Apple invented colour" here.   I quite like the ad, reminds me of Pleasantville, the weird ad is pretty cool too.     P.S. the iPhone 5 wasn't sold in a Space Grey version, it was Black and Slate IIRC.
Nope.  Squeeze outs are legal in most jurisdictions, including most Western economies and most (maybe all, I don't know every state law) US states.  They depend on a high ownership of the majority shareholder, 90% normally, and sometimes have other conditions too, but are an established and entirely legal part of company ownership, so a lawsuit would go precisely nowhere.
Yes. http://www.investorwords.com/6930/squeeze_out.html
Since the original letter from Steve isn't being hosted on the Apple website any more, here's  the transcript in full:  From http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/steve-jobs-posts-open-letter-to-iphone-customers-re-price-drop-offers-100-credit/  It's not a direct admission that the iPhone was priced too high, though I can't think of many products that get their price slashed by 33% after two months that you wouldn't say that about.
 Nothing quite so dramatic, but sure.  A company is a legal construct and needs to have an owner (or owners).  No owner, no company. Pretty much yeah.  If you own 20% of something and someone else owns 80% you pretty much have to go along with what they want; they can even force you to sell to them if they want.  Not my rules.
 You implied there was some reason for Apple buying back share that I wasn't aware of.  I was just being clear about what I was saying. When did I suggest Apple doesn't own anything?  I suggested that Apple the legal entity cannot own itself as a legal entity, it has to have shareholders (public or private), and they cannot themselves be a shareholder (except for in the temporary instance of retaining shares for award to staff as bonuses and incentives).  Sure Apple the...
 Tim Cook the legal entity is not the same as Apple the legal entity.  And he definitely doesn't have enough money.  Pretty much a nonsensical statement.  if all the shares get retired then ownership gets retired and the company ceases to exist.  You don't need to retire all the shares to take a company private, you centralise enough of them under single ownership.  Yeah, sure, ok.  But even as a theoretical exercise when we're talking on the scale of $600 billion dollars...
In my words?  I didn't say that at all.  Apple controls the money in Apple's coffers.  Apple owns all of Apple's assets.  But they do not own the company as a legal institution.  A company cannot own itself. The $90 billion obviously goes into the trading accounts of the shareholders that Apple buys the shares from.  Where else would it go? In terms of Apple, they get one of two things, depending on what they do with the shares bought back: If they retain them then they...