or Connect

Posts by Crowley

No, what's the problem? There's a few video channels I regularly watch on YouTube where I don't much care about the video, just the audio, so putting it in the corner while I do other things, or even entirely off screen would be useful.
 Good point, which alphabets does San Francisco cover?  Just the Latin, plus close derivations presumably?  Excuse my ignorance, but does arabic, cyrillic, hanzi and other different alphabets have wide font support and variances?  Would a San Francisco style of kanji make sense?
Categorically untrue.  It does not.   Should I report you for libel? (I won't, because I'm not ridiculous)
Pretty sure they'll still be licensing Helvetica and many other fonts.  Not being the system font doesn't mean it isn't on the system.
A replaceable battery to satisfy the few would negatively impact the structural integrity and design of everyone's iPhone.  A few software features that you don't have to use do not negatively impact your experience.  Don't like PIP?  Watch the video full screen.  Don't like multitouch text selection?  Don't use it.
 Congratulations, that was my point.
The complaint is about them being paid for that time while the bag search is taking place.  With the bag searches you've seen done elsewhere were the staff compensated for the delay, or expected to wait past the end of their shift?
Still think they should crowdsource this widespread stuff.  They have the users, and they have the technology, and they certainly have the money to offer user rewards (rather than paying drivers).  Just write an algorithm that detects areas of low information, then geotarget users in that location to ask them to (opt-in) go/drive around and take photos with their iPhone, with geotagging, for Apple Rewards.  Uberize it, and then it's super easy to roll out to cities and...
Apple strikes me as a pretty bad customer, hard to deal with, demanding, and unremitting, with massive punitive costs for any problems, not matter who is at fault.  No matter what the industry, I think I'd be hesitant to enter into a deal with them, and I'd certainly push back heavily on any terms they tried to impose, even if it cost my company the deal.     As a consumer, my opinion of Apple is very different, but Apple seem to have little spirit of partnership, or...
I agree with this.  Federighi seems like a really nice guy, and I find him a pleasant stage presence, but the jokes are at best average dad jokes, and are normally worse.  I just don't find pictures of Eddy Cue in silly poses all that funny, time to give it a rest. I think the crowd is problematic here, they're all so high on being in the keynote (hey I probably would be too) that they cheer and laugh at near enough everything.  Not so many jokes in the press events.